By hoplessG - 24/12/2009 23:37 - United States

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend. I told her best friend the plan the day before. I got reservations to a restaurant on the beach, and we were going to arrive via boat. She never showed. Her parents called me asking why she left town to go to Paris. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 697
You deserved it 3 355

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Elissaa_fml 0

why would you tell her best friend? thats the worst person to tell. YDI.

Whew! Be glad you dodged a bullet there. If you would've proposed, she might've accepted just to please you, then eventually would cheat on you with your best friend, her boss, any random guy, because she was in a loveless marriage, and then file for divorce and leave you with the kids you forced on her. Now you are free!

Comments

#28 what a ******* jerk. @OP: fyl :( perhaps she just weren't ready ? give the woman some space ! xDD

She flew to Paris out of the blue? Can someone tell me where the OP lives cuz I can't see it on the iPhone app... She would seriously spend hundreds of dollars just to avoid being proposed to? I wouldve just called the next day, casually struck up a convo about marriage, and made a point to mention I didn't want to get married yet... I mean... Am I being TOO sensible here?

Apparently the U.S. Flights to Paris around this time of year are awful...

You people are confused easily, huh? :P Ok, pretty sure he meant Paris, France, first of all. Second of all, the implication was that she went there to avoid the proposal. Maybe she makes or has a ton of money, and an impromptu vacation is easily achieved by her. So rather than reject him, she figures he would get the point and it would save them the embarrassment if she just leaves for a little while.

Or she could just be a crazy person and really expect him to follow her to paris so she can have her dream proposal, like we've seen soooooo many women complain about here in the past. =) Either way it sucks.

Well the only way your gf could have flown to Paris is if you let her out of her cage, so YDI.

I think it would be kinda funny if her plane crashed in the ocean.

denise509 0

OP needs to move on, obviously she's not ready to commit. Or, she does, but not with you! Sorry Dude

You must have told her best friend that you were going to give her the proposal you had both been dreaming of. She is waiting for you at the base of the Eiffel Tower while you are finishing your fries at the clam shack.

Saccharide 0

What happened here? 1) Best friend told lies to the girlfriend. 2) Best friend told truth to the girlfriend and she hopped on a plane. 3) Girlfriend just randomly decided to go to Paris.

At least she didn't leave you standing at the altar...

Okay it is possible she went for another reason, so I'd find out for sure before jumping to any conclusions. Yes it's not likely she would just go spontaneously without telling you if it didn't involve you, but I'd still make sure. If you are right and she was just running away, then take this as a blessing in disguise. While it's hard to face, this shows clearly that she wasn't good enough for you anyway. Anyone who would just run away when they think they are getting proposed to soon is just a selfish coward. Any decent person would just tell them face to face that they don't feel it's going to work out.