By Anonymous - 03/08/2009 18:33 - United States

Spicy
Today, I was handling corrosive chemicals when I accidentally spilled a beaker of Hydrochloric Acid on myself. I had to strip naked and use the emergency shower with my boss and my hot coworker watching. The worst part was when I realized my coworker was laughing at the size of my penis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 420
You deserved it 7 026

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah, women just don't understand shrinkage.

RiverRelic 0

You have a pretty valid complaint to make to HR. Of course, you then have to keep reliving the humiliation but that was pretty unprofessional on her part. (You may also have misinterpretted her laughter. Was it from nervousness? Some people do that. )

Comments

Maybe it was, "Ha, ha, ha, that thing is so huge, it's ridiculous! How would I even get that in me? Hee, hee, hee! I'll bet he gets dizzy when he gets a hard-on, all that blood flowing out of his head. Ho, ho, ho!"

Yes, I think that is what the coworker was thinking too. =) (not sarcasm)

perryscherry 0

YDI for having a small penis. I'm #32!!!! Yippee! Yay! Geez...

Which is ridiculous, because if you're being careless enough to drop a strong acid, you truly do deserve it. That shit's dangerous; be careful!

ksunnyv1011 0

Wow I feel sorry for you truly an FML. Be more careful next time though.

You could probably file a complaint for the fact that they watched you shower.

Not really. The emergency chemical showers are out in the open, so it's not like they were peeping. And the boss probably should be watching to make sure everything's okay.

XanimalloverX 0

Instead of being upset over getting laughed at be thankful you didn't get burns I had a second degree burn on my hand it's excurtiating pain. Be thankful your okay

How do you know he didn't? If he's using the emergency shower, I'm betting he did get burns.

tehukiso 0

I've spilled hydrochloric on myself too. Shit burns =PI think think the acid is the bigger FML than the coworker, if she's a bitch then just say **** it and ignore her.

Blacksabbath211 9

are you sure it was HCl? that stuff evaporates when it touches skin and isn't supposed to burn warm living flesh... sulphuric acid on the other hand will burn the hell outta you

HCl is strong than Sulphuric. It burns right through you like a knife through butter.

fireandice92 0

"Don't let modesty make your injuries worse" haha chemistry safety video anyone?

scott_m319 0

Dude, I've seen that before!! It also said not to worry, that the lab professor/person in charge would make sure that everybody left the room. I found that pretty hard to believe seeing as during that scene, the dude's friend was just STANDING THERE, staring down with a dumb-assed look on his face.

Sorry, but I don't really sympathize with you... If you're handling acids, you don't *accidentally* spill them on yourself. Be careful. Not only are you going to get major burns, but it's completely unprofessional to be that clumsy. On the other hand though, it sucks that your boss and coworker saw you like that. Why were they in the room, anyway? That just seems... odd

No matter how careful you are, anyone can have an accident. I think he'd only deserve it if he was like... juggling bottles of acid or doing something else dangerous.

Every scientist has their one big accident. Mine was when I stabbed my arm with a soldering gun. I can still see the pink spot. If the OP spills HCl a second time, then we shall laugh.

Shiekian 0

What do you mean you don't "accidentally" spill them on yourself? No matter what you are doing an accident is just that an accident. Yeah it is so unprofessional to be human. I really can't stand people who think they are above human nature. Like it or not you are human and sh!t happens. Don't judge others for being able to admit they make mistakes.

Continue to say bullshit about how "unprofessional" it is to spill dangerous shit like HCl, that way you'll feel properly ashamed if you were to spill say, boiling water, oil, or other stuff like that. Then you can post an FML and we can all mock you for being careless, since its obviously not an accident.

Really? because I'm pretty sure you don't spill highly corrosive chemicals on yourself on purpose...

#71 apparently lacks reading comprehension... of course it's still an accident.

#45 omg you stabbed your self with a soldering gun, **** that would of kaned. The worst I've done is burn myself with the solder.

You should have asked her what she thought HCl would do to silicone... or tell her u've heard HCl works wonders on cellulite