By Madster15 - 15/09/2013 06:05 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I was home alone and heard the kitchen tap turn on. Shocked, I turned it off. It continuously kept turning itself on so I set my video phone on it to find out the cause. My cat has learnt to turn it on. I later found said cat teaching another. I have three cats. All my taps are like this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 538
You deserved it 4 595

Madster15 tells us more.

OP here, I actually found it rather cute more than annoying, when I'm out though the cats will be too. vasoline and Vicks on the tap? no thanks, that would make ME avoid the taps too. changing the faucets all over my house could be more expensive than anything. the cat puns....please don't. number 23 should also be shunned, cat hater. lastly, I should point out I have three cats because one was stray, if I give him to a shelter she will be killed because she is rather unfriendly at times.

Top comments

The perfect plan by the cats. Raising the water bill...perfect crime.

Comments

Delta Touch-2-O faucets. Featuring the all new feline friendly edition.

Look at it this way OP at least you don't have to call Taps of Syfy's ghost hunters to make sure you're not haunted or fix a plumbing problem

You've got to be kitten me. Don't be a pussy and keep letting your cats do that. Give them some discipline, and they'll high-tail it away from the taps.

You laugh now, but soon they will be teaching eachother how to make fire and use tools....

Tape a flat disc over the tap so they squirt water straight at the furry *******, that should sort em

sugarbear0727 19

Post the video on reddit, they ******* love cats.

OP here, I actually found it rather cute more than annoying, when I'm out though the cats will be too. vasoline and Vicks on the tap? no thanks, that would make ME avoid the taps too. changing the faucets all over my house could be more expensive than anything. the cat puns....please don't. number 23 should also be shunned, cat hater. lastly, I should point out I have three cats because one was stray, if I give him to a shelter she will be killed because she is rather unfriendly at times.

why should they be shunned? not everyone likes.cats

then there is something wrong with society....also, learn to take a joke

frizz101 22

Use double sided tape, plastic wrap or aluminum foil around the tap, and if that doesn't work you could spray the tap with a citrus sent. There is also an air blower for cats in extreme cases, I can't remember what it's called, but basically it's a motion sensor and when cats go near it it blows air at them and it scares them away.

OP, thank you for my most favorite FML ever. It's just so cute!

skyeyez9 24

You can minimize the taps being turned on by keeping the bathroom doors shut. The kitchen faucet: you should scare them when they try to turn it on. Get a soda can, fill it with pebbles and duct tape the opening shut. This will take patience on your half. Wait till you see them reaching for it, then shake the can violently. Or throw it near them, but dont hit them with it. Hopefully the noise will be associated with the faucet. And they will avoid them. May take a few times.

The_9th_Doctor 18

at least they can get themselves a drink if they need one

I'd keep letting them d it sometimes. It's a cool thing for them to be able to do. Once you get them to stop, you might never get them to do it again.

TheDrifter 23

I just bungee corded my taps to the wall. They can push them open, but they shut off when they're released.

guckylynn 19

111 the thing you're thinking of is called ssscat or some other number of s's.

jasmine2301 25

At first I thought this was going to be a ghost story, haha! Cute FML btw

I've wanted my cats to work the taps for so long. My cats like to play in the water and It would be so hilarious if they turned it on to play and drink and then turn it off after. oh and dont feel bad I have 4 cats. Its not that many.

I applaud you for sticking with your commitment to be a "forever home" for your pets. I also have 3 cats & loled at this. Your cats probably do this because cats like cold running water. I figured this out when my male cat kept knocking over all my glasses of ice water or tried drinking from them even though they had plenty of water in their dish. I will put ice water in whenever i can. They aren't cheap but its still less costly than replacing the faucets, but PetSmart has some pet dishes/water dispensers that are basically like a water fountain for pets. They keep the water running constantly. This could help deter your cats from the faucets as they wouldn't have to work as hard to get to running water.

use a rubber band or something to make the handle hard to move

When I had my cat, I used packing tape stick side up with the ends folded over to stay in place Cat never got on the counter after jumping on that a few times.

andone2222 2

my cat use to do the same thing to get a drink. the trick is to teach her how to turn it off :D

I don't think turning off the tap is their number one priority