By Madster15 - 15/09/2013 06:05 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I was home alone and heard the kitchen tap turn on. Shocked, I turned it off. It continuously kept turning itself on so I set my video phone on it to find out the cause. My cat has learnt to turn it on. I later found said cat teaching another. I have three cats. All my taps are like this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 538
You deserved it 4 595

Madster15 tells us more.

OP here, I actually found it rather cute more than annoying, when I'm out though the cats will be too. vasoline and Vicks on the tap? no thanks, that would make ME avoid the taps too. changing the faucets all over my house could be more expensive than anything. the cat puns....please don't. number 23 should also be shunned, cat hater. lastly, I should point out I have three cats because one was stray, if I give him to a shelter she will be killed because she is rather unfriendly at times.

Top comments

The perfect plan by the cats. Raising the water bill...perfect crime.

Comments

Time to change taps or lock the cats out.

hokie16 13

My sister had a stray she took in and it eventually went in heat. We wouldn't let her out so she pulled the vent out of my sister's bedroom floor and escaped from a hole in the ductwork. And once she realized she could do it once, she started doing it whenever she wanted. And when she had the kittens she brought a live baby rabbit back in the house to teach them to hunt.

Cats hate citrus. Just spray something citrus scented arounf the faucets and they should leave it alone.

Scent companies hate citrus too, trying to find actual lemon or orange scented air freshener or candles is damn near impossible, you get citrus blossom instead. Luckily there are some really nice all natural sprays made with orange oil which are great for neutralizing odors and if you're careful, they do work with cats. Or just get some cheesecloth and make up a bundle of orange peels that you hang over the sink, smells good, kitties avoid, win-win! Just make sure they are drying out, not moulding.

FRUITFUCKED 9

This is the coolest story I have ever read!

Pikachu makes your request so much better.

Shut off the valves under the sink. Only open them immediately before you need to use the sink. Otherwise keep them shut off. The cats will get bored with the lack of water coming out and give up. Then you can return to normal.

Should have gotten a dog. Dogs are the superior pet.

What if you put small cups around the facet handles? It would prevent any turning.