By Anonymous - 16/05/2009 13:06 - Canada

Today, I was selected to give my speech to the entire school. I was later told it had to be censored because it was inappropriate, even though I was just trying to make a point. My speech was on political correctness. My speech on political correctness was censored for political reasons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 017
You deserved it 5 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sickofnames 0

That's what school is like. Everything has to be the status quo, bland and acceptable. I know your pain as I was almost suspended for a film project I did.

Political correctness is a crock of shit in the first place, necessitated only by the fact that we allow a bunch of annoying crybabies to make a scene every time someone says something they don't like. It's one thing to be offended by blatant racism. It's another thing to throw a fit because someone isn't conforming to the hypersensitivity USA has gotten up its own ass with. Only the most pathetic individual could be offended by "Merry Christmas."

Comments

AntiChrist7 0

you can rant and protest and do more hippie stuff, when you are in college. for now, just listen and sit down. YDI

I would have just yelled out "I hate this game!" lol

Political correctness is a crock of shit in the first place, necessitated only by the fact that we allow a bunch of annoying crybabies to make a scene every time someone says something they don't like. It's one thing to be offended by blatant racism. It's another thing to throw a fit because someone isn't conforming to the hypersensitivity USA has gotten up its own ass with. Only the most pathetic individual could be offended by "Merry Christmas."

I would say "amen" but someone might get offended.

I don't get offended by "Merry Christmas" but people have to understand that there are way more December holidays than just Christmas. Nobody should get offended when I say "Happy Holidays". What's wrong with being polite to people who don't celebrate what I do? Basically nobody should get offended by "Happy Holidays".

FYL for not getting to speak your mind, but you'll have plenty of time to stir the pot in college.

I have to agree with #15. Specifically going with the "Merry Christmas" statement, I'm Jewish, but it's not like I get offended when someone says it to me, I usually respond with just a thank you, or if it's someone who knows I'm Jewish and I like to tease, "Thanks, though I don't celebrate it. The whole Jewish thing and all." Personally, I just say "Happy holidays."

Yeah, that would piss me off nicely too. :(