By Anonymous - 16/05/2009 13:06 - Canada

Today, I was selected to give my speech to the entire school. I was later told it had to be censored because it was inappropriate, even though I was just trying to make a point. My speech was on political correctness. My speech on political correctness was censored for political reasons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 017
You deserved it 5 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sickofnames 0

That's what school is like. Everything has to be the status quo, bland and acceptable. I know your pain as I was almost suspended for a film project I did.

Political correctness is a crock of shit in the first place, necessitated only by the fact that we allow a bunch of annoying crybabies to make a scene every time someone says something they don't like. It's one thing to be offended by blatant racism. It's another thing to throw a fit because someone isn't conforming to the hypersensitivity USA has gotten up its own ass with. Only the most pathetic individual could be offended by "Merry Christmas."

Comments

NonchalantSavant 0

I agree w/#10 - except do the entire speech on irony. Do NOT cite Alanis Morisette.

You were probably being over the top with it.

OMG how the hell is this an FML? It's just sucky but your life is not F-ed

Yeah, this is NOT an FML. Still sucks though.

beg2dream 0

Okay I will give you that this is irony at it's best, but FML it is not.

YDI. I bet it was one of those "Look how politically incorrect I can be! YEAH!" deals.

UsingLogic 0

I will say only this: I would rather be a racist than let foreigners come to my country and take away my rights to free speech by falsely accusing me of racism. It would be sad if we had to go that far, but that's what is going to happen unless all this idiocy stops. People get offended if you wish them Merry Christmas, but if you get offended because they come and talk to you while wearing an obvious religious symbol, then you are called a racist. Hell, you are even called a racist if you feel uncomfortable while talking to people who wear obvious religious symbols. Hello, those religious symbols remind people of our differences and put distance between us, nobody likes to be reminded of ideological differences while talking to someone! It's like complaining because someone is intolerant to intolerance! I'm not targeting any specific religion in this message by the way. I know some religious symbols are more obvious than others, but I still don't like any of them. At least as an agnostic you won't see me wearing stuff that reminds you we don't have the same philosophical/ideological values whenever we talk about something. We can't even say "Hello" to someone without having "WE DON'T HAVE THE SAME VALUES" shoved in our face by a piece of apparel or an accessory, what kind of world is this? But hey, if I don't feel comfortable around you because YOU choose to remind me of our differences, I do not have any obligation to stick around with you or have anything to do with you. Next time you are wondering why people from your religion (whichever it is) are not accepted by other people, just look at yourself in the mirror.

Political correctness is stupid. And also kind of Orwellian.