By calli - 25/12/2009 21:21 - United Kingdom

Today, I was working at the Soup Kitchen handing out special christmas dinners to the homeless. At the end of the day I collected my things and went home. It was only then I discovered that my wallet, phone, pager and (for some reason) my glasses has been stolen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 462
You deserved it 4 609

Same thing different taste

Top comments

muffinsareyummy 1

this is exactly why i hate people. i don't care if you're homeless or not, i hate everyone. you take time out of your day to do something nice for someone and they spit right in your face. what is this fuckery?

negative_creep 0

Comments

shockcrow 0

doesnt deserve it when u spent ur time helping people. it just happens, poor or homeless people arent always nice like tiny tim

i feel like saying YDI for having a pager. and missing it when its stolen. cant you just go dig another one out of a garbage dump?

Erindub 0

shame on you for doing something nice you should know better.

Consider it your Christmas present to a desperate person. Don't give up on people, just be more careful.

Did you not keep it with you the whole time?! That was the first thing I was told when I helped in a soup kitchen!

collegekid13 0

I think the FML subject has learned her lesson: Keep all valuables upon one's person at all times (in any environment). I'm commenting because I think it needs to be clear that any one person at the soup kitchen could have lifted the subject's belongings. If anything it could have been another volunteer since the blame can be easily shifted to one of the recepients. I'm making my claim as someone who was on the receiving end of soup kitchens for nigh two years. It isn't a matter of, "Oh, look what I was doing and this is what I get;" it's a case of poor preparation. Calli, I extend my sympathies.