By Anonymous - 04/06/2009 14:09 - Australia

Today, I went into work and noticed one of my fellow colleagues had a large bunch of flowers on her desk. As soon as I saw her, I immediately said, "Happy Birthday!" Everyone went quiet. It wasn't her birthday; her father had died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 476
You deserved it 56 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

More like F you for making assumptions.

Nothing says party like black tulips and red roses.

Comments

AutumnsMonologue 0
mmiikkee 0

Why would you asume it was her birthday, shit for brains?

peace2daworld 0

Eeeep!!!! Bad situationz r not good!

GiannaxRevenge 0

#14 HELLOOO EIGHTIES. OP- You're retarded.

lol this is sad and funny at the same time

happygoluckyhh 0

Your an idiot. You should know who's birthdays are coming up and when. Or at least put it on your calendar so you can look. If flowers show up on the day that you didn't see or remember a birthday, then nudge a co-worker and whisper, "am I missing something, I don't remember her birthday being today." Then he would have explained. Or you should have just stayed in touch with your co-workers and have known her father has died. I mean, how did the other workers know and not you?

Awwwe. Not exactly your fault, but flowers aren't always for birthdays. But what I don't understand is why someone would give someone flowers for that, but I guess it happens? YDI for making assumptions though. But how the hell did you get yourself out of that one? Similar situation happened to my friend. One of my best friends had missed school and when she came back, my friend accused her of skipping school and was making fun of her. Turns out her grandpa died. I try not to do that. LOL.

brendiz 0

thats an FML for both of you!