By susan - 17/11/2012 22:31 - United States - Naperville

Today, my daughter had a meltdown when I told her I donated some of her old toys to Goodwill. It turns out Toy Story has taught her that toys have feelings and that she has a meaningful relationship with them. She's in her teens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 890
You deserved it 27 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Quick! Go retrieve them, they will be eternally grateful.

Toys are memories. You should have at least talked to her about it first.

Comments

hellodeandra 8

It's good that you donated them to goodwill, but they are hers and you should've asked her about it. She shouldn't have reacted like that, but you shouldn't have gave away her things.

skyttlz 32

Don't give away toys without asking. I am 18 and still have my Polly pockets because they don't make the same kind anymore so I like them. Plus if I have a daughter or niece I can pass them.

trueblue170 13

You deserve it for being inconsiderate. She could have given those to her children someday.

232: If you're pissed off at your kids, deal with them instead of lecturing FMyLife.com.

Perhaps she has a mild case of Aspergers?

You obviously haven't seen toy story 2 or 3....I cry every time

heartgrenade1 5

Would it have been too difficult to ask before giving away someone else's belongings? I understand you were trying to do a good thing but you still need to ask first.

YDI!! Always ask first, they were her toys after all. Even if she didnt believe that they were alive they could still have a lot of sentimental value. You could have talked about it, maybe she wouldve understood the point of donating some of them and then she wouldve had a choice to keep some.

monkiki62 5

Ydi you dont throw out peoples shit without asking then if they want it. Crazy.

venomousddog 19

You can never be too old for things