By susan - 17/11/2012 22:31 - United States - Naperville

Today, my daughter had a meltdown when I told her I donated some of her old toys to Goodwill. It turns out Toy Story has taught her that toys have feelings and that she has a meaningful relationship with them. She's in her teens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 890
You deserved it 27 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Quick! Go retrieve them, they will be eternally grateful.

Toys are memories. You should have at least talked to her about it first.

Comments

On a totally unrelated note, I took several of your shoes and favorite dresses and donated them to goodwill. You weren't even wearing them any more ;-)

The toys were in the mother's house, she had every right to give them away, with or without her daughter's approval. Such a case wouldn't even stand up in court if the daughter had been a non-minor.

SayPeanuts 29

What if the daughter still lives at home? Would it be okay for the mother to go into her room and give away her possessions because it's her house? And even if she didn't live there anymore she still owns those toys. Just because something is in your house doesn't mean you have the right to do whatever you want with it. I'd hate to see what would happen if I left my car keys at this womans house.

LemonLolly 10

YDI, OP. As a teeneager myself, I totally know how it feels to have old toys you love given away. So what she's in her teens, those toys were probably part of her childhood. Maybe ask next time?

rivera1210 11

I hated how andy gave away his toys in toy story, so i would be mad at my mom did that to me. I would have kept the toys for my future children

I'd be pretty cut if my old toys got thrown out without me knowing!

NEVER THROW AWAY ANYONE'S TOYS WITHOUT ASKING THEM! NEVER!!!!!!!!

EthanTheStrange 4

shes attached to them! I'm a teen boy but I'd cry if my mom got rid of my old stuffed dog!