By susan - 17/11/2012 22:31 - United States - Naperville

Today, my daughter had a meltdown when I told her I donated some of her old toys to Goodwill. It turns out Toy Story has taught her that toys have feelings and that she has a meaningful relationship with them. She's in her teens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 890
You deserved it 27 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Quick! Go retrieve them, they will be eternally grateful.

Toys are memories. You should have at least talked to her about it first.

Comments

I understood it. She was referencing the part when Woody and Buzz get left behind by the van, and Buzz is talking about getting to the space ship and completing his mission. Then Woody exclaims with grand gestures, "You are a child's play thing!" And Buzz replies, "You are a sad strange little man." I was simply pointing out that OP's daughter is not a man, but a WOman.

I'm sorry. *He was referencing. I'm more than halfway through a Four Loco and I'm a tee bit wipsy. Forgive my gender assumptions. I don't know why I thought Penguin Bitch was female. He's a regular. Maybe it's the "bitch" in his name.

winkydog4056 16

Oops, my comment was for #14, not #1....though the same insensitive Princess B.

ideasrule 13

The only disturbing part about your daughter is that she thinks toys have feelings. Otherwise, it's not unusual to have a sentimental attachment to childhood memories and anything that evokes them. My parents had to move about once per year due to financial reasons, and in the process they threw out every toy I've ever had. I really wish I didn't let them do that, because now I don't have any childhood souvenirs to be nostalgic about.

-,- she is over reacting but you don get rid of someone else's stuff without their consent.

It doesn't take long to ask someone what toys they want to give away. My mom asks me every so often if I have any toys or clothes I wouldn't mind giving away.

needsagf14 12

I'd probably flip out. Idk why though

Um, whoa. Kinda a dick move on your part, don't you think? How would you like it if someone gave away something of yours without asking? Also , just because she is a teen , she can't enjoy childhood things?

acetheone 8

toys have feelings too op. your daughter needs to grow up.fyl

*Cartman's voice* Oh! It all makes sense now!