By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

frizzylizzyizzy 1

Yeah, she should've known better, but that's still pretty mean! Getting a kid's hopes up like that, I'd be REALLY mad too!

saralyyn 0

I'm sorry (not) but I am 11 and wouldn't even fall for that. Your daughter must believe in that tooth fairy shit. And a asshole.

KatKatastrophe 0

holy shit. seriously. your kid is retarded.

...I never even thought about getting an acceptance letter to hogwarts when I was 11...I kinda had a life... jussayin

Ok, let me set everyone straight. She is ELEVEN! She may not know the difference yet! Calm down, and stop call little girls retarded. It's really weird. OP, it was a nice gesture, I agree. But you shouldn't have done it. What seems nice and awesome to you, is a dream crusher to your little girl. You gave her all this hope, that she was going to Hogwarts and she would get to meet Harry Potter, and Dumbledore! And you snatched it away. It's like when you have one of those amazing dreams, where you go to your dream vacation spot, and then wake up. Are you happy when that happens? I don't think so. YDI. And all of those people out there, calling this poor little girl who had her dreams crushed, a retard, you should be ashamed of yourselves. She was given her dream, then it was taken away. No one would like that. No matter what age. You all need to grow up, and let kids be kids. OP, it was a mistake. I get it. But don't be going all "FML FML FML FML!!!" to everyone. Your daughter is the one who is in emotional pain right now. You deserve a daughter who hates you having a tantrum, and a hurting foot. What did you think was going to happen? She would just be sitting and waiting for Hagrid to show up? Whatever way it ended. you still had an upset daughter. Learn to be a mom, and just get her tickets to see the movie, instead of crushing her dreams.

#547, very thoughtful post. I agree. I wanted Hogwarts to be real when I was 11, too!

I have no idea what you all are talking about. I'm 19 years old and I still completely believe in Santa. The idea of St. Nick was not to deceive children or to trick them; he was simply made up for the fun of it. I would hate to share Christmas with any of you who *claim* that Santa does not exist :)

lenamartinovic 13

OP, are you on crack? NEVER EVER joke with harry potter fans.

Your daughter is 11 and still believes in Harry Potter movies i think this is the least of your problems