By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

I hate your kid even more than I hate most children. FYL. Even when I had a HP obsession (at the same age, even), I knew that Hogwarts didn't exist. FGSFDS.

i pee my pants read ing this lolololololololool

I'm sorry, but is that second '1' in your daughter's age a typo? If not, wow. She's an idiot. Sorry. I don't know how anyone can find this FML "cute".

Mata_Hari 0

Reading comprehension class is suggested especially for you, #513

Um if my daughter did that to me I would ground her for being an unappreciative brat.

FAKE, no 11 year old would do that unless they had mental problems or are complete idiots Trust me, I know. I'm actually 11 years old.

no. plenty of 11 year olds would do that. i would probably would have when i was 11. just because you dont read and have no imagination doesnt mean other 11 year olds dont

I have plenty imagination and have read the whole saga of Twilight and I wouldn't cry just because of that. She's have to be rlly stuid to think It was acually real and cry about it. She's 11 not 7.

bubblybrooke 12

what a bitch thing to do. I'd do exactly the same thing if I was that age. don't mess with kids, they'll beatcha every time. bitch.

what the hell is with all the people saying how stupid the girl is?!?!?! its the op who is clearly inconsiderate. you really didnt think that she would be upset?!?! when you're 11 and you're in love with a thing like harry pottter.... you know its not real... but you wish with all your heart that it is!!! of course she would get excited when she got an acceptance letter, she wouldnt pause and think through all the details!! when i was 11 i was really dissapointed that i didn't get a letter. even though i knew it was fake. haven't you ever believed in something like that?!?! that was a really jerk thing to do

That's a cute thing to do! How sweet. But she didn't have to throw a tantrum. When I was 11 (9 years ago) I did hope that "maybe I'll get a letter!" but I never did and I remember thinking that if I DID get one, I would know it was a joke or a fake one.

maybe she had like a little bit of a mental problem..and her mind was a little underdeveloped? its possible..

I don't think the kid is stupid. I think that she knew Harry Potter wasn't real, but when she got the letter, she believed, if only for a minute that it was. Santa is not real, but if we saw a fat guy in a red suit flying some reindeer, we would question his existence even if only a little, before using logic to deduce what actually happened.