By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

time to teach her the difference between fantasy and reality..........

CaptainPat 0

Um... your daughters retarded, right?

Elizzy2007 0

okay assholes above me SHE'S 11!!!! not retarded, or stupid or delusional... any of you ******* would have done the same thing in her position at her age... and to you, that wasn't funny, cool, or okay in anyway... your daughter has every right to hate you... im a HP fan and have been since i was 7... someone tried that shit on me when i was turning 11 as a joke.... I punched her in the face and broke her nose... be thankful there was no bloodshed you bitch. your daughter deserves a better person as a role model if you thought this would be funny. you are a bad, mean person...

If I were the 11 year old, I'd think it really cool that my mom did that. And then laughed my head off. Poor girl was hoping a litttle too much that it was real...

It's kind of funny. It's her own fault for not having a firm grasp of reality. When I was 11 I knew what was real and what was not... that FICTION in books and tv was FICTION .... it was a cute gesture

erinlm 0

My pen pal sent me a Hogwarts letter when I turned 11, and by then I was far old enough to know that it wasn't real. (Of course, it was sent through the mail and postmarked from the city where my pen pal lives, so it wasn't that difficult to figure out.) It's definitely unfortunate that she misunderstood, but I think that was a sweet thing to do. You couldn't have known that she would take it seriously.

Wow. Your kid must be stupid to not know Hogwarts is a fictional place. It sounded like a thoughtful gesture on your part, but then she reacted hostilely. Take your kid to counseling if such outbursts continue.

hahaha this is cute, what a great mom! she may be mad now (what little kid wouldn't be, thinking they could go to hogwarts only to find out it's a joke??) but when she gets older she'll appreciate it!

477! KILL YOURSELF! NO ONE LOVES YOU! NOT EVEN YOUR MOTHER LOVES YOU! YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE CHILDREN!!! Saying such a thing... And anyone who wants to put a thumbs down on this one, read comment 477!!!