By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 346
You deserved it 95 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

I've often wondered when we, as a society, decided it was ok to "trick" our children. When the truth comes out does the child ever think, "Wow, I'm so glad they lied to me all those years. That was so nice of them."? I remember being really pissed when I discovered the truth about Santa.

loveyahun 0

Never **** with kids that love harry potter!

Savy_14__FML 0

omg! my sister totally did this to me!!!! it was cruel lol but looking back it was awesome

very cute... very dumb, but... very cute

that is gay. honey santas not real either

SeximusPrime 0

Something must be wrong with that child. I will admit, my first trip to Botcon where they had the Optimus Prime peterbilt truck on display, there was one moment where I half-expected it to transform and talk to me in Peter Cullen's epic voice, but I knew also that it was just a truck. A truck that is a symbol for something special to me. I'm an adult, and I didn't throw a shitfit over it.

akiluv 0

never mess with a fan girl. it might end your life

Wow, that is one slow kid. I suggest not telling her santa and the tooth fairy aren't real--with this reaction from finding out a book about magic and wizards isn't real, for all you know telling her they aren't real either might just earn you wakeing up in the middle of the night to her standing over you holding a knife. LOL. But seriously, 11 is old enough to know that HP isn't real unless you've got some serioes denial skills or are just really slow. You were trying to do something nice for your daughter, and she flipped. It's not your fault.

Einthe 0

My mom did that for me too when I turned 11, but unlike OP's daughter, I knew that Hogwarts wasn't for real.