By inthefamily - 23/10/2012 13:29 - United States - Washington

Today, my fiancé's stepfather asked me how my teaching job was going. I replied heatedly that I've never taught, and then complained bitterly to my fiancé about how his family still doesn't know me. Turns out his stepfather has early onset dementia, and that I'm an asshole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 549
You deserved it 36 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like someone never even taught you to be polite

twinny_sc 13

Seems like you don't know much about his family either so what are you so pissed about?

Comments

mahdi8130 8

Well you didn't had to be a asshole about it. YDI

So who doesn't know whose family? You bitch.

shea627 20

You're getting married and your fiancé didn't tell you that? Kinda seems like the type of thing that might come up in conversation at some point.

1.) The world doesn't revolve around you. 2.) complaining about the stepfather not knowing something so irrelevant about you when YOU didn't even know about his dementia makes you a hypocrite. 4.) you didn't notice I skipped number 3 5.) it all comes down to you being a self-centered bitch. Refer to 1 & 2.

Maria_Obligacia 14

Get over yourself. People forget things and you really are not that big of a deal. How COULD you complain, let alone complain 'bitterly' because somebody does not remember things about you? There is a lot going on in everybody's lives even without the dementia bit. You are not the center of the Universe. I hope you apologized to your boyfriend and will never act like such a b%tch again.

You could've been nicer to him, but why didn't your fiancé tell you?

okay, he's your fiancée. his family wont know as much until you're actually married.. for a couple years at that.

I know in gonna get thumbed down to the grave for this - But are you the lady who threw the shoe at your man and ate all the cheesecake while watching the notebook? :D

Pretty sure she talked to her fiancé in private and there must be a reason why she thinks they don't know her. She probably feels left out and that was proof... Maybe he wasn't having an episode and he thought that she was a teacher. Too many senecio's but no need to be so harsh to OP at least she knows she was a huge asshole.