By IDon't - 13/10/2013 10:49 - Australia - Berkeley Vale

Today, my fiancée told me she can't marry me. Our wedding day is tomorrow and around 20 of our 180 guests attending have travelled half way around the world just for the occasion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 142
You deserved it 3 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have never understood how people can just not go through with a wedding. That's a pretty selfish thing to do.

Comments

maybe she got some seriously cold feet, but its a real bitch move.

maybe you need to spend more time on your relationship. if my fiancee had just left me i'd be devastated, not posting on fml

not defending the fiancee but she either had good reason to leave or is selfish, two very different circumstances. maybe the relationship can be fixed

Better a cancelled wedding than a divorce or unhappy marriage; both end up being way more expensive. If she had real doubts, she actually did you a favor (though an untimely one), OP. Best of luck.

Turn it into a celebration about how you're free from that bitch.

ItsJustTrina 5

just do this: tell those twenty guests when they arrive point them in her direction and run like **** aussie aussie aussie bail bail bail.

tell her this YOU STUPID ******* FEMINIST ****, WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU? HAVING SEX WITH A WOMAN DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY EQUAL RAPE, THE FEMALE PARTY WAS CLEARLY CONSENTING UNTIL SHE PULLED THAT BITCH MOVE BY ACCUSING HIM OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT. YOU AND THAT GIRL ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH SOCIETY. **** YOU. your welcome.

That happened to me too except that he told me a few days before the wedding. You will get through this but my gosh - it is rough. Best wishes.

juarezj96 12

That's so messed up!! I'm sure she has a really good reason otherwise that would make her a COMPLETE asshole for not even talking to you about it sooner. Sorry OP :(

Why all the hate towards the fiancé? Doesn't anyone realize she did the right thing for both of them by being honest. Sometimes people don't figure out something is wrong until the last minute and marriage isn't something anyone should ever go into lightly or with second thoughts and or fears. Remember all it's really easy to get married. Hard to get divorced. But even harder to stay married in this day and age. You should have a big party anyway for all of your family if everything is paid for.

Make it a Freedom party. Trust me, be happy you are not getting married. It blows. **** marriage