By OhJoy_777 - 08/07/2014 08:05

Today, my friend found on Tinder the profile of a guy I've been dating and getting quite serious with. I was surprised, not only because he'd told me he didn't do "stuff" like Facebook or Tinder, but because he lied about his job and his surname. Oh, and the fact that he got married in March. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 963
You deserved it 5 472

OhJoy_777 tells us more.

As some of you failed to notice (thanks to those that defended me) I did not meet him on Tinder. I met him in the real world like a normal person. My friend showed me his profile on Tinder and how do I know its him? One of the pictures he used was one I took of him. So am I meant to Psycho stalk every guy I like in the future in case he is a lier? I am still thinking about my next move.

Top comments

I agree online is fine. But the fact that not having a Facebook is now considered weird/suspicious is terrifying.

Comments

I don't think she met him on the internet, as her FML states that he told her he doesn't do Facebook or tinder. People are quite capable of lying face to face like the old days too. What a shame for you, don't tell his wife, he will make you look the bad one in this. Tell him you are going to tell his wife then watch him squirm.

John Tucker must die. Who knows how many other girlfriends this guy has.

It's an app linked to your Facebook which put bluntly, is a hot or not game. If they 'like' you and you 'like' them, you can message them.

Basically the app version of those hot chats we used to have back in 2007.

What a sad, sad liar. Be glad you found out now, still sucks though so sorry OP

Maybe he has an identical twin who took his wife's surname? Probably not though, FYL!

mrwilsong 6

You should find a picture of him and his wife and write " when are you going to tell your sister about us "

Sounds like somone's wife needs a heads up as to what her cheating, scumbag husband is doing.

Jghaugland 6

I feel like this is a YDI for not even checking to see if he used Tinder.

Did you not read the whole FML? She said he lied about his surname. So unless you plan on going through thousands upon thousands of James's, Dereks, Toms or whatever the hell that cheating a-holes name is, then you are stuck thinking he's lying or that you should trust him. Maybe I'm naive, but unless someone gives me a concrete reason to doubt or not trust, I trust what people say at face value. Unless they're a car salesman or the like.

I guess he took his wife's name; that's why he "lied" about it. But seriously, I suppose that's why he told you he doesn't use Facebook or Tinder; he hoped you wouldn't bother looking for his profiles on them (and even lied about his surname for insurance). Married in March and already looking elsewhere? Man, OP, sorry it happened.

I would have been suspicious from him telling me he didn't do social media. In this day and age, that's a bit of a red flag that he's hiding something

Merylwen 24

What the hell? I don't use social media and I know plenty of people who don't. Valuing privacy and actual human contact doesn't mean having something to hide.

51, you don't use social media? Then how in this vast cyber world did you comment here on FML?

RedPillSucks 31

I'm not sure why 51 is being thumbed down. He's saying that in general he doesn't use social media. Something specific like FML doesn't really count. General stuff like facebook, twitter, etc is what we're talking about, and I know lots of people who don't use it. Some for professional reasons and some for personal reasons.

squideth 18

51 is getting downvoted for sounding like a pretentious ****. You're never special for not using social media.