By T4K3R5 - 06/07/2009 08:11 - United States

Today, my sister got her car repossessed. In order to get it back, my mom took $4,000.00 out of my bank account promising she would pay it back within a few months. She lost her job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 467
You deserved it 4 039

T4K3R5 tells us more.

T4K3R5 0

Okay im just going to say this now so everyone will get this. I have my OWN bank account that no one has access too accept me. I opened it when i was like 16 and got my first job. I saved the $4000 in a separate account that was in my moms name before i was 16, which i got just from mowing lawns and stuff. So Everyone stop saying "Well your dumb, that's your fault for letting your mom have access to your account". Also im not going to get into details, but it wasn't really my sisters fault, so i don't blame her. My sister and my mom have helped me out with a lot of things too.

Top comments

Sketch_y 0

dude, it is not his responsibility to pay for his sister's car. and it's awful that his mother took out his HARD EARNED money for the sister. sounds like OP didn't even get much of a say. that he had savings doesn't mean that he had "money to spare". what if he was saving for his own car?

Comments

I would Think that ud be more concerned with ur mom losing her job

Just demand the pink slip of the car ... both their cars!

my niece has owed me $6000 for over 7 years don't count on getting the money back,consider it insurance that they will never borrow again,and will always kiss your ass,i can't wait until she has to change my depends

Equinox987 0

The car was repo'd for debts? Surely your sis should sort that crap out first or else it'll only be repo'd again :/

L0veh8te 0

Yeah that sucks for your mom to did that, But it is family. but it also isnt your fault that yur sister doesnt know how to manage her money and 4,000.00 is alot of money that just cant be paid back in a couple of months.

eliasqfuntybunt 2

OK, how the **** did your mother take $4000 out of your account? I know US banks are a little bit... backwards compared to where I live, and the laws are very different, but there are only three ways I can think of that this could have occurred: 1) You gave her signing authority on your own account. YDI, because a signing authority lets her do pretty much anything, up to and including taking all the money. I would never do so on my account unless there was a very, very good reason. 2) The account is in her name Re: you, i.e. it isn't your account, it's in her name and the funds are held on your behalf. It's only sort-of your money, it's just *intended* for you. It's actually hers, she can do what she pleases with it. She could withdraw it all and blow it on cocaine and hookers if she really wanted to, although it's probably your funds for further education going up her nose/cooch in that instance, so sorta FYL. 3) She has no authority whatsoever, in which case your bank needs to be answering some ******* serious questions. It's fraud, regardless of the familial status, and they should really be the ones reimbursing you. However, and this is just my view, your mother is exceptionally unlucky to lose her job, but should still be falcon-punched for taking money that was either explicitly yours or intended for your usage to settle a debt that was absolutely nothing to do with you. FYL times a trillion.

alwaysalady 0

You need to take your mother off your account. Ifyour sister lets her car get repossessed, that's her problem, not your's. I would venture to call this theft.

Hey #100, read everything else that has been written and you can answer all of your own stupid questions. Secondly, OP if it's really not that big of a deal and you're already laughing about it, why the HELL are you posting it on this website? You're an idiot for leaving the money in her account. There's no such thing as a high interest savings account except that it MAY be a couple of points higher than a savings account obtained by yourself. Third, your mom is ridiculous for taking out the money without asking, and if she did and you said yes, then you have absolutely no right on this website. So I'm saying, YDI!

wait... 4 million, did I rea it wrong or Is it a typo? or if neither why does your mom have acses to your bank acct.?

locoej 0

ok. the idiot who wrote the last comment. its 4 thousand. See the different punctuation? amd second, acses? seriously? get a dictionary. and third, Sue ur mom