By T4K3R5 - 06/07/2009 08:11 - United States

Today, my sister got her car repossessed. In order to get it back, my mom took $4,000.00 out of my bank account promising she would pay it back within a few months. She lost her job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 467
You deserved it 4 039

T4K3R5 tells us more.

T4K3R5 0

Okay im just going to say this now so everyone will get this. I have my OWN bank account that no one has access too accept me. I opened it when i was like 16 and got my first job. I saved the $4000 in a separate account that was in my moms name before i was 16, which i got just from mowing lawns and stuff. So Everyone stop saying "Well your dumb, that's your fault for letting your mom have access to your account". Also im not going to get into details, but it wasn't really my sisters fault, so i don't blame her. My sister and my mom have helped me out with a lot of things too.

Top comments

Sketch_y 0

dude, it is not his responsibility to pay for his sister's car. and it's awful that his mother took out his HARD EARNED money for the sister. sounds like OP didn't even get much of a say. that he had savings doesn't mean that he had "money to spare". what if he was saving for his own car?

Comments

i feel bad for yr mother. not only does she owe you $4000 but she lost her job. sounds like she should be complaining not you.

Kyothine 0

Stupid? It's called trust, you know? "It does suck" that's just an excuse for you to reply to comment number 2 and get your reply on the top of the list, you attention *****.

Stalker191 0

Yeah I can relate. Exact same thing with me and my sister who still owes me 2 grand. I was forced to loan it to her from my college fund, for her debts, because of my parents even though I knew she wouldn't pay me, but I had to anyway. it's been a year and a half, and still not a cent, I just hope your mom is nothing like my sister.

YDI for giving your mom access to your bank account. wtf?

Your mother is... I'm not sure I can write what your mother is and be "respectful" at the same time. How dare she take you hard earned money (4,000 ?!?!?) and give it to your sister? Were you made aware of the situation beforehand? Did you consent? Also, you better make sure you get your money back from either of them.

HeyThereGorgeous 0

Uhh #2 ... your wasting the same amt of space of here as the first comment so both of you can STHU! OP: hmm perhaps she'll get a new job? Or make your sister pay it back, it's her car.

sparxva 12

Time to open a new account you mom can't touch and move the rest of your money. So, how do you like your new car? It's your sister's car when she buys it from you...

BladeSlayer 0

Make your sister pay you back, if she can't take the car until she can pay you.

sue her she promised to pay u back make sure she does and OP YLIF esp if your mom refused