By T4K3R5 - 06/07/2009 08:11 - United States

Today, my sister got her car repossessed. In order to get it back, my mom took $4,000.00 out of my bank account promising she would pay it back within a few months. She lost her job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 467
You deserved it 4 039

T4K3R5 tells us more.

T4K3R5 0

Okay im just going to say this now so everyone will get this. I have my OWN bank account that no one has access too accept me. I opened it when i was like 16 and got my first job. I saved the $4000 in a separate account that was in my moms name before i was 16, which i got just from mowing lawns and stuff. So Everyone stop saying "Well your dumb, that's your fault for letting your mom have access to your account". Also im not going to get into details, but it wasn't really my sisters fault, so i don't blame her. My sister and my mom have helped me out with a lot of things too.

Top comments

Sketch_y 0

dude, it is not his responsibility to pay for his sister's car. and it's awful that his mother took out his HARD EARNED money for the sister. sounds like OP didn't even get much of a say. that he had savings doesn't mean that he had "money to spare". what if he was saving for his own car?

Comments

I say you go out and enjoy the car you just payed for.

no shit eh? as far as I'm concerned, it's your car now lol

RighteousDiego 0

That is, until or unless the money gets repaid in full.

I agree. It sounds like the sister ****** up, and the mother shouldn't really have to do anything, it's not her responsibility. I say you have your sister chauffeur you around until she pays you back the 4 grand she technically owes you.

It doesnt matter sometimes in life, you need to help out. Its his family, I'm sure mama bear has done plenty for him.

your sister better pay you back instead your mony went to her car

Beven 0

How nice of you to give your sister 4 grand! :D

This is why you don't lend money to people! It's your sister's damn fault for losing the car in the first place... She should just suck it up and get the money herself

This is the burden of being the responsible person in the family. I'm assuming your mum didn't have the money to help your sis out. She shouldna be taking yours. That's bullshit. I think you should hold the car as collateral or something.

Tell your mother and sister that you'll take it out in trade.

T4K3R5 0

Okay im just going to say this now so everyone will get this. I have my OWN bank account that no one has access too accept me. I opened it when i was like 16 and got my first job. I saved the $4000 in a separate account that was in my moms name before i was 16, which i got just from mowing lawns and stuff. So Everyone stop saying "Well your dumb, that's your fault for letting your mom have access to your account". Also im not going to get into details, but it wasn't really my sisters fault, so i don't blame her. My sister and my mom have helped me out with a lot of things too.

RighteousDiego 0

Well, YSDI for not joining the accounts, which you have the right to do. It's just as simple as starting an account in the first place. GORILLA DICKS!!!!!!