By T4K3R5 - 06/07/2009 08:11 - United States

Today, my sister got her car repossessed. In order to get it back, my mom took $4,000.00 out of my bank account promising she would pay it back within a few months. She lost her job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 467
You deserved it 4 039

T4K3R5 tells us more.

T4K3R5 0

Okay im just going to say this now so everyone will get this. I have my OWN bank account that no one has access too accept me. I opened it when i was like 16 and got my first job. I saved the $4000 in a separate account that was in my moms name before i was 16, which i got just from mowing lawns and stuff. So Everyone stop saying "Well your dumb, that's your fault for letting your mom have access to your account". Also im not going to get into details, but it wasn't really my sisters fault, so i don't blame her. My sister and my mom have helped me out with a lot of things too.

Top comments

Sketch_y 0

dude, it is not his responsibility to pay for his sister's car. and it's awful that his mother took out his HARD EARNED money for the sister. sounds like OP didn't even get much of a say. that he had savings doesn't mean that he had "money to spare". what if he was saving for his own car?

Comments

Ok bitch, this is how u repay ur parents?? Publically humilating them?? They raised u!! U can earn that money again, but if u lose ur relations with ur mom, ur never gonaa be the same!! Stop being selfish!!

T4K3R5 0

Okay how am i humiliating my "parent"?

#71, you're an idiot. plain and simple.

Apparently, you were born into a family of leeches that doesn't know how to save money, excluding you. Take your family's names off of your bank account and spend your money throwin' some D's on your non-repossessed car.

rallets 22

i say he gets the car until somebody pays him back

How did she get the money out of your account????

T4K3R5 0

OMG PEOPLE FOR THE LAST TIME GO LOOK AT COMMENT #69!!! she has access to it because i was underage and it was in her name. Its just a simple FML, nothing to get into a debate about. What happened happened, now cant we just laugh about it?

Underage? how old do you have to be to open an account? I opened my first account when I was about 11 years old

@143 No, you didn't. You can't open an account with only your name on it until you are 18. You can open an account with your parents as soon as you are born and the minute you turn 18 you can both sign a paper to take them off of the account, but those precious years from 15 to 18 when your getting your first job/jobs and trying to collect enough money to live through college, parents have complete access to all of the money that you make. It is federal law in the United States so if you live hear that's what happens. I am on the OPs side for this one. People should know what they are talking about before putting all of the blame on OP.

j3nn1987 0

yeah well when my parents decided to move to Ok, they took $8 K from me and I didn't even go with them. that's a years worth of savings that I'll never see again. it's been about 4 years now. But I coulda put a down payment on a car or bought my ATV with it.

so your mom has access to you bank account and can just take out 4 stacks. younggboouuuuulll

If your ma isn't a valid signer on your acct then you can protest the withdrawl with your bank, if she's not a signer then the bank ****** up and they owe you that money back and can sue her. Granted, that's an extremely extreme measure but it's an option in your pocket.

oh i just read #69. still, the smart thing to do would've been to put the account in your name or just transfer the money. yerrrr dumb.

roflstephh 0

Sounds like something you'd see on judge judy hahah

T4K3R5 0

No it would not have been smart, because it was in a High-interest rate account.