By jelrid - 13/07/2016 04:38 - United States - Holt

Today, my worst fears were realized as an insect pinged off the back of my mouth while I was singing along to the radio on my motorcycle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 926
You deserved it 3 961

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I imagine the insect's worst fears were realized as well...

Little fella just wanted to hear your singing better was all.

Comments

I imagine the insect's worst fears were realized as well...

"Ping"? Was the insect made of metal? Anyway, you needed your protein to keep up your energy for more singing.

Insects often have very hard carapaces which is why it sounds like a stone hitting the windshield when they ping off it.

Man, that was some memorable protein!

tantanpanda 26

Seeing as how insects and bugs generally splatter their guts on the windshield, no, they don't "ping off" it.

Little fella just wanted to hear your singing better was all.

meat group! seriously though, if you're gonna sing while you ride, get a full face helmet.

I ride also, you should always wear a helmet at least if not full gear

He probably did have a helmet on, just not full face helmet. Usually, for listening to the radio, you need a Sena or similar helmet mounted device.

#16 a full faced helmet plus full gear saved my dad's life so I definitely see where #5 is coming from. Flipped over a car that pulled out in front of him without looking and only had broken knees and a broken foot. A chunk of his helmet just gone. Definitely could have been worse.

40% of head impacts involve the face. Full face helmet is a must, coming from this 21 year paramedic and 25 year rider.

Now that your worst fears are either behind or on you, do something with the rest of your life that even the bugs would be proud of.

Really my worst fear with bugs on a bike is to have a bee go up my pant leg

down your shirt is way worse and more likely. happened to someone I know, and she was not happy when she got home.

And they said the beetles would never re-unite ......

My mom got nearly knocked off the back of my dads motorcycle from getting hit in the face by a bee. My father was driving well over 100mph and back then helmet laws weren't enforced. She had a huge welt on her forehead.