By Anon - 10/06/2012 04:19 - United States

Today, neither of my parents fought for my custody. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 902
You deserved it 3 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vaughant 5

That's terrible OP I'm sorry

AngelicTide 11

Sorry OP. it's their lose not yours! Count it as a blessing that you're not stuck with two people not worthy of being your parent.

Comments

jayhawkchik 4

Dude, they aren't worthy of you anyway. Logically, it was probably just a financial decision on their part, most likely not reflective of you at all.

rebel_belle1974 5

Well at least now you don't have to listen to anybody

It's possible that they're doing it to avoid legal complications. If one parent goes for full custody sometimes the other one will get angry and create trouble out of spite. Perhaps op's parents are trying to avoid a battle.

CoyBrunette 4

If you are 12 years old or older, you get to choose who you live with. There is no point for the parents to go through a lengthy custody battle when all you have to say is "I want to live with my mom." or "I want to live with my dad." Your parents' lawyers probably explained this to them when they started their divorce, and is probably the reason they are not fighting in court for you.

llamaduckllama 1

I'm not sure your comment is accurate because I'm twelve and my parents are going through a divorce. I'm not old enough to stand in court, I have a guardian ad litem relaying my opinions, but my opinions may not have any effect on the final ruling.

Wow way to steal Bad luck Brian on twitter

100- it's not sad at all. I've memorised many Poe poems. :) my favorite is "A Dream Within A Dream"!

They don't deserve you! You're better than that! Good luck!

A parent should never neglect a child that way. All you assholes saying its her fault. Keep it to your self.