By WittyMoron - 01/07/2015 18:10 - United Kingdom

Today, our family dog died. A couple of hours after the death, my mother-in-law slapped my crying five year old son over the head and told him to "Man up." She totally refuses to admit she did anything wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 873
You deserved it 2 191

WittyMoron tells us more.

I told my wife that was completely unacceptable, and as some people said, I took the high road in not slapping her back. I began an argument with my wife about it, and it got a bit intense. I told her that her mother could not come back, and she got quite angry. I went into the living room and began to cry. This is what gets me. What she did taught him the wrong thing. My son came in, said "Man up, daddy!" and tried to slap me, but he's little so it didn't hurt. But anyway, I got even more furious that he had learnt something from it. The argument ensued. Things are a bit cold. Sleeping on the sofa now but I told my son it's okay to be upset. Buried the dog, and needless to say my MIL is not invited back for a little while.

Top comments

Comments

Stupid bitch. I would've slapped her, "mother-in-law" or not. Nobody touches my son like that. Please tell me you physically defended your son, OP.

Don't let your son see her. He's your child and she had no right to hit him.

B*tch better be banned from your house for life. Child abuse should not be taken lightly and that is both physical and emotional abuse.

wheelchairchick 11

pretty sure their spouse isn't gonna ban their own mother from their house. She hit him with a hand not a chair and if he was crying hours later sounds more like he wanted somebody to baby him or give him something.

healthcarechick 9

As soon as she did that I would've slapped the stupid ass bitch across her face and if she was in my house I would've told her to get the **** out on her own or I'd throw her trifling ass out!!!!!

What a bitch.....I would've slapped her....my condolences for your dog?.

Your joking right? Otherwise you are barking up the wrong tree!

Seriously? So a ******* 5 year old mourning a family member he has known his whole life is worthy of child abuse? Are you a sociopath?

I would have slapped the dog piss out of her.

Jail would show her how wrong she is. Felony anybody?