By ashleigh_anarchy - 21/02/2012 01:05 - Australia

Today, someone actually thought it was appropriate to compare my mother's death to the death of their cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 304
You deserved it 3 365

ashleigh_anarchy tells us more.

ashleigh_anarchy 7

Just to follow things up. It has only been a month since she passed away. She was pretty much my best friend. She had been sick for all of my life and I looked after her for as long as I remember. In the last three months she was completely bedridden. She was a very strong woman and was expected to live 20 years less than she did, but I absolutely couldn't believe it when she died because of how much she carried on and of course I cared about it more than anything. It was the hardest thing I've ever experienced, and am still experiencing. The cat in question was a stray cat, and I posted this because why the **** would I post an FML on the day she died? I can tell you now I was doing a lot more important things. This is my reaction to an idiot one month later, who said 'Sorry about your mum. I know how you feel, my cat died'. Nothing should be more important than the relationship with your mother. If you never got to have a good relationship with yours, I'm very sorry. But yeah, I have lost pets and I was distraught but NOTHING can compare. If you haven't lost a close parent, you can't imagine.

Top comments

that's terrible. i'm sorry OP. some people don't put things into perspective

Comments

I love animals (not coyotes) but it is in no way right to compare it to the loss of a human being like that. so sorry OP

moonlitavocado 3

Same thing happened when my little sister died. Someone even compared losing her dog to my mom's loss (a child and a sister in the same damn month). I've never lost a parent, but I have lost someone very close, so I know to an extent the pain you feel. People suck at dealing with grief.

I completely understand I lost my father and a friend told me they understood as they lost a cat recently. To all the people saying it is just as hard losing a pet as losing a family member I couldn't disagree more. My father died and a week later my dog had to be put down after being in my life for a good 15 years. I still feel a sense of loss from losing my father a certain emptiness and yes losing my dog was also heartbreaking but has no comparison.

cunningchick 1

Punch them in there face! If any1 ever compaired my mothers death (when it happens) to their cats I would flip out! They would die a miserable death,

I am so sorry that you had to go through with losing your mom the way you had. Hope you are able to handle it and be able to move on with her always in your heart.

Sorry to hear about your mom, mine also passed away 5 months ago.

libbyz 0

Wow!Some people have no feelings!I'm sorry for your loss.

when some1 does that its time to get a fake id place and job:)