By devakii - 16/10/2009 17:27 - United States

Today, the power went out at work. As everyone left the building to go home, the owner came in to inform me that, since the phones were on a battery back up, I would be staying to man them. The phones rang 2 times in the 4 hours I sat in the dark by myself. Both times were telemarketers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 250
You deserved it 2 303

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, in the dark? I would've made a giant blanket fort or something of that caliber.

Getting paid to do next to nothing for four hours... I could think of worse things than boredom.

Comments

I would have tried to have a long conversation with the telemarketers, like flirt with them or something (unless their guys but idk that could still be funny)

OP could have slept. Even if there was an important call, ignoring it would be OP's way of saying "screw you boss, for making me stay alone!". Works in 4 ways: 1) You get to sleep 2) You get paid to do nothing 3) You get to stand up to your boss 4) You'll be well rested enough to head to the bar and spend that paycheck while drunkenly bashing your boss!

dude u shoulda ditched but came back 4 the last half hour! there would be no one or nothing to stop you!!

I would've signed up for what they wanted on somebody else's name

Your a good one.....the first chance I got I would have been outty....can't believe you sat there like that

Aww, well... At least you could have a nice relaxing time to yourself!!

groza528 17

Without knowing what type of business you work in, it seems unlikely you'd even be able to *help* anyone if they did call. So basically 4 free hours to do anything you don't need electricity for.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Hello darkness my old friend