By Tiber46 - 26/05/2013 08:33 - United States - Long Beach

Today, the vet sent me an email wishing my kitten a happy 2nd birthday. My cat died last year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 571
You deserved it 4 182

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelm1290 23

Those things are automated, don't take it personally.

I now declare the cat puns to be unleashed! This will be a catastrophe.

Comments

Let them know what happened so you won't receive those anymore because that's depressing

That sounds rough, but I agree that you should tell your vet that your cat died. If you didn't tell them, it's really unlikely they know, unless your cat was sick and went to the vet a lot. If you did tell them and they for some reason still send them, you can ask them to stop. Regardless, so sorry for your loss.

Extreme irony would have been if the cat died in that vet's office.

Because you touch yourself at night. Every time you do so, a poor little defenseless animal dies.

#20- They'll never know. Should've done a cat-scan.

Cats die at any age for a number of reasons. Some health problems can cause sudden death in young cats, birth defect, cancer, weakened immune that they can't fight off a disease, escaped the house and got in a fight with another cat or hit by a car, etc. Anything could have happened.

I had a cat/kitten that didn't last until 2 years. It was sick from the beginning, he wouldnt eat unless I fed a watered down cat food through a syringe thing. It turns out that his body was ate up with cancer from the day he was born , so we had him put down so he wouldnt be in pain anymore :( so yeah...very simple and different reasons.

My cat Sammy died when he was less than 1. We took him to the vet to get him neutered, and when they put him under anesthesia, his heart stopped.

Stop bashing the veterinarian in the comments. First, the doctor is not responsible for this I can guarantee you that. Second, we don't actually know if the OP actually notified the office of it. If they did, then the paraprofessional staff should be held accountable for the mistake and be required to make sure it doesnt happen again. If not, then tell them.

Your kitten was probably on a 'patient' mailing list.

You let your cat die before it even turned 2? That's horrible

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Uh there could be plenty reasons why it died. It could have been sick and was untreatable.

bybib 20

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they probably didn't "let" their cat die. I could be wrong and they are some sick minded individual; who actually sat there while their cat died, when there was something they could do to to prevent it.

Or it could be that some OTHER sick-mind individual murdered the cat, or it was hit by a car, etc...

The cat could also have contracted any number of deadly diseases. I highly doubt OP is at fault.

squideth 18

I had a kitten die because of extreme spinal issues. It was unfixable. She could barely walk or function, and fell down the stairs constantly. It was heartbreaking, and I'm disgusted that you actually think it's the OP's fault his kitten passed away. Are you stupid? Kittens aren't magical beings that can't get sick.

26- I got a kitten that I was told was 8 weeks old, the runt of its litter. 2 weeks later it died. Turns out it was barely 3 weeks old and had underdeveloped organs due to being taken away from its mother too early. Is that my fault?

I had a kitten whose body was ate up with cancer from birth and was having issues so we put him down so he'd be out of pain. Dont be an ass just because youve probably never handled the death of a pet yourself. "...LET it die..." Are you ******* kidding me?

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Petsmart did the same thing 2 years after y cats died-.-;

You people obviously never have handled death before. I'm sorry, she accidentally scheduled for her cat to die in 2018..damn typos. -.-

The cat may have had a diesese or was hit by a car. My kitten was hit last year and was only 6 months old

I know how you feel OP. Although it is an automated thing and the vet had no idea, it still sucks to be reminded of it. My parents got a card from the vet recently saying the dog hasn't been in for a few years. I took it and ripped it up so my mom wouldn't see it because he died last year.