By Fire sucks. - 17/01/2014 03:42 - United States

Today, there was a forest fire in my town. I was still forced to go to school, as it was safer. A lot of people decided not to go, and we ended up doing nothing but watching the news reports. There, I got to see my house burning on live TV. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 588
You deserved it 4 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey just be lucky you were at school rather than still in your house.. That burns OP.

Well, Look on the bright side.. If you were in the house you would have burned down with it..

Comments

JMichael 25

Glad you were safe OP and I hope the rest of your family is as well. A house is replaceable but you and your family aren't.

eliniel1 2

Hey, be thankful you weren't there. Seriously. I'm a recent survivor of my own apartment fire. They pulled me out of my place from a second story window and I had to have skin graft surgery on 15% of my body. Believe me, it's not something you would have wanted to go through(had you been there and even survived).

bernalstephani 4

The colby fire in Azusa, Cali? Ashes were falling on my car all morning. :/ sorry about your loss..

I hope your family weren't in the house, and I hope no one got hurt. Be glad you were at school and not at home. Your life is worth more than a house. :)

B1ackthesun 31

I feel for you OP, I'm wide awake at 2am here in South Australia because of bush fires closing in on my house. I have my bags packed with all the important things I can think of and they say unless we get a big weather change we will probably need to evacuate by 3 am. Can smell the smoke getting stronger by the second :( two houses close to me have already been lost... all we can do is wait :(

perdix 29

You must really hate school! If you'd prefer to be in a house on fire, ...

skyeyez9 24

Where is the rest of your family? Did they all (including pets) get out? We dealt with a nasty fire in CO last summer. Smoke was so bad that the entire city was dark. Hundreds of homes burned and the fire came roaring down the mountain like a giant inferno. It was scary.

CA seriously needs to rain more, I didn't believe it was caused by the heat.

It wasn't the heat. It was 3 men in their early 20s camping. They had an illegal fire. They were arrested and held on $500,000 bail each.