By SeriouslyMakeItStop - 21/03/2014 11:09 - United States - Waco

Today, three days before I take my bar exam, the biggest exam of my life, I got my monthly. And I get to bring my belongings in a clear plastic bag so the world knows. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 299
You deserved it 9 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It happens. Don't let it distract you from doing well on the BAR.

XTheDesertSongX 17

It's still embarrassing. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone to know you were on your period. Although it isn't new, it's still a personal matter.

Comments

Many women menstruate. That's life for women. Little issues like this shouldn't keep you from being a new attorney.

Who cares! It's part of being a woman. If someone is immature and makes a deal about it well there problem not yours.

TcheQ 12

Considering yoiu think 28 days is a month, I don't think this will be your biggest problem during the exam. Also this is the first case in the history of mankind where a women had her period at an inconvenient time.

FlowerMama 20

'Monthly' is merely a term women use to refer to their cycle, since it *averages* a once a month appearance for many women. Also, 28 days is an arbitrary number assigned to cycles as "normal". Women have a whole variety of cycle lengths, from very short to several months long (common in certain physical conditions or when breastfeeding, for instance).

If you are worried about the world knowing why post it here?

FlowerMama 20

Use a menstrual cup like the Diva Cup. No extra equipment needed. Really, though, it's not that bad. It's a natural bodily function. Now, try hitting the Senior Year Trifecta, like I did: Spring Break (started ON the day we went to a water park), Prom Day (wearing a light-colored dress and carrying a very small purse), and Graduation Day (for which I was required to wear a WHITE gown). Ouch. Lol. I also had to mess with my birth control pills a little to keep from starting while on my honeymoon. My body hates me. >.

FlowerMama 20

FML also hates me, apparently. That ">." at the end of my comment was supposed to be an exasperated face, which FML repeatedly cut off in my edits of both my original comment and this reply, so I give up.

RKD 23

Just wrap it in paper, and try to find a female proctor to hand it to!

You can wear a tampon for up to 8hrs...how long is this exam?!

It happens. Be strong and march in there with confidence.