By Anonymous - 10/01/2011 07:09 - United States

Today, trying to be cute, my boyfriend threw a snowball at me. This would have been fine had it not been hard enough to break my glasses. As a college student, I have to choose between eating for the next two weeks or replacing them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 957
You deserved it 2 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lilwhtboybrandon 0

I'm sure he wouldn't mind at least helping you pay to replace them. Otherwise, just eat all his food. :)

Comments

cantthink123 12

Believe it or not, if your glasses aren't too badly broken (bent frame, lens popped out, etc.), you can pretty much walk into any optician's shop and they'll fix them for free. The first time this happened to me, I expected to have to pay a lot, but the optician told me that it's considered a courtesy in the trade to fix broken glasses. You usually don't even have to have bought them there in order for them to fix them. As long as it's not something like a shattered lens, they usually can fix it for you for free.

And so man created duct tape, and it was awesome.

ideasrule 13

Unless the glasses were extremely poorly made, I don't see how they could have broken. I've stepped on my glasses before, breaking the frame and popping out the lens, but the lens never cracked a bit. I don't see how a snowball could break the frame, and you can easily superglue the lens back if they popped out.

just buy yourself a magnifying glass. you might look like a bit of a ********, but at least you'll get to see AND eat :p

texassgirl 0

that's why you should pay the extra 10 dollars for warranty on your glasses I got mine at walmart and if anything happens to them they will fix them for free for like 5 years.

mandypandypants 4

Simple solution. Buy a new pair of glasses and then guilt your boyfriend into feeding you.

gvowens_21 0

go to zennioptical.com it will change your life i get all my glasses from there. i have over a dozen pairs!

fml5891 0

There us s website where you conn get super cheap glasses. Ill find it later