Underfunded and underappreciated

By lrn2spel, teach - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Mogadore

Today, I got back the essay I wrote about how my country's education system is fucked. At one point, I made a spelling mistake. My teacher wrote a note about it, basically calling me illiterate, and telling me to pay attention in school instead of whining about it. She misspelled "school". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 995
You deserved it 4 655

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like just about everyone on this site. "You made one mistake, you don't deserve to live."

Comments

I had an eglish professor who spelled helmet as "helmut" and then tried to pass it off as her friend's sons name. students and teachers all make mistakes.

Embyr 8

Did the teacher really think they'd buy the fact that someone would name their kid "Helmut"??

I honestly don't know. I'm still scratching my head over it.

Epikouros 31

Yeah, but even in German it sounds dorky, doesn't it?

I didn't know that. you really do learn something new everyday.

Embyr 8

#53,yeah there's worse. I head of a guy named Mike Latorus (sound it out, sounds like "my clirtoris). Or however his last name was spelled. Regardless, Helmut is still farfetched, even if it is a common foreign name.

Embyr 8

My irony radar is going off so hard it hurts.

It seems both of you contradicted yourselves. I would point out her mistake, realize everyone makes mistakes, and move on. It isn't worth your or the teacher's time.

Ah, High School teachers...gotta love 'em, right? Haha, I'm kidding of course. It always seems like you either get stuck with the extremely awesome down-to-earth teacher who never teaches you anything, or the stuck up prudes who like to put themselves on a pedestal and bitch all day about how "horrible" their students are. I can never find the perfect balance with any of my teachers, unfortunately.

Which of course the down-to-earth teachers are cool, but then when the exam comes, no one knows anything on it because they didn't teach.

Def proves that our edu system just doesn't work. She is an ass for that. I fear for the future generations

I'd love to read it. The system really is ******. I don't know if it's the same for anyone else, but my state is completely cutting out fiction. No more Shakespeare, no more classic novels. Thank God I graduate before this is in full effect. Then there's how the schools pretend like mental disorders aren't important and easy to just "get over". **** your social anxiety, fears, depression, etc! You're only important if it's an obvious physical problem! And the way shit is taught! We almost never mastered any skill in math. We were taught the basics, then rushed through lessons because if teachers don't cover enough of what they're told to, they look bad and risk losing their job.

Goblin182 26

There are also teachers that want to lable any student that has a little trouble learning as ADHD.

What word did you misspell, how did you spell it, and why has nobody asked yet?