Aaaaaaaaaaah!

By whyme_ss - 20/07/2009 20:05 - United States

Today, I went on a rollercoaster for the first time. I sat in the back, which was a bad idea. When it ended everyone in front of me turned around and stared. When I asked my friend what was going on, she said I had been screaming the Lord's Prayer the whole time. I hadn't even noticed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 594
You deserved it 26 958

Same thing different taste

Sensory deprivation

By Trisha - 07/10/2023 10:00 - United States

Today, I went to a theme park with my friends. I was excited to ride the rollercoasters, but just as we were about to get on the biggest one, I realized I'd had left my glasses in the car. I can't see shit without them, but I decided to go on the ride anyway. I spent the entire time screaming in terror while my friends laughed, while I couldn't see a thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 178
You deserved it 678

Top comments

That's quite a new take on just screaming, "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!"

Shock98 0

hahahah. what the heckkk. how did you not notice that?

Comments

hahaha thats funny that you we're screaming it! but i prayed on a roller coaster at dixie landin'

halolord01 2

#9 how stuff works podcast? =D

Without religion, your life is pointless. No really, why are you alive?

"Without religion, your life is pointless." Logic, you should try it sometime.

Can you actually justify your life? Although I do not completely agree with the four noble truths of Buddhism,I do believe life has suffering. So unless you're enjoying suffering somehow and can't find a reasonable way to justify your life, maybe you should put yourself out of your misery…of course, that's just my opinion.

YDI for being religious. Atheism ftw :D

seb12992 0

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Atheists are close minded, the big bang? ROFL!

religious people are greedy. do you realize how enormous the universe is? to think that all of that is created just for us to be happy is ridiculous. do you realize everything ever occured because of a reason? not supernatural intervention? do you realize an omnipotent God could create a world without pain? why doesnt he/she? i could go on for much longer. but really, if you could reason with religious people, there wouldnt be any religious people.

Not all atheists believe in the big bang douche bag its a theory like your stupid religion

that is a good point but the big bang isn't the same type of theory as religion. Religion can be a guess (ex. greek mythology), or just a scam (scientology, christianity), but a scientific theory has very specific rules it must follow to remain a scientific theory. The only reason the big bang is used, is because it is the most logical and accurate theory we have today. The creationism story is no where near as logical as a scientific theory and is even denied by most christians now.

ATHEISTS are close-minded?? religious people are the ones who are close minded. cmon seriously, u guys believe the world was created, and is run by, one (or more, depending on the religion) all-powerful being(s).. that seems pretty close minded to me >.

219- basically, the big band theory says at first, there was nothing. Then, nothing exploded and turned into an entire universe! Yes, that is COMPLETELY logical.

People who are saying it's impossible not to notice and this FML must be a Fake are simply ignorant. Not in the "you-are-horribe-you-should-just-die" ignorant, but just the "I-have-never-experienced-this-sensation" ignorant. OP, I'm Christian- though I admit I haven't gone to church in a number of years- and I have learned that when I'm extremely nervous/stressed I start speaking in tongues under my breath. I.e. One day I was walking home alone from school and spotted a stray pitbull closely watching me. I didn't realize I was even mumbling anything until I after I had passed the block it was in and it had turned it's attention away from me.

teddykaz1 0

Very well put! Thank you!!! All the time I am told how intolerant I am for my beliefs! Then they tell me it's ok to be intolerant of people, if they were intolerant first lol. nice.

I'm Agnostic, and I still found this hilarious. Fave'd.

The second I read this OP I knew it would turn into a religious debate. She's religious. So what? Non-religious people complain about how pushy religious people are with their beliefs, but in reality, they're just as bad. If you're going to complain about how no one is tolerant or respectful of your beliefs, then stop being such intolerant and disrespectful assholes about other people's beliefs. People are so disrespectful. She can believe whatever the hell she wants to.

annamg 0

I know, right? Interesting how it's the athiests who complain, "how dare the horrible Christians preach to me," then they turn around and act so incredibly smug and superior. So much for tolerance.