About last night…

By Couch Potato - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Elk Grove

Today, my girlfriend got mad at me because I slept on the couch last night. She also seems to have forgotten that we had an argument last night, after which she stormed into our bedroom and locked me out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 625
You deserved it 3 281

Top comments

That's a pretty ****** defense mechanism.

AlittleSanity 11

Has anyone else ever wondered how a woman would respond to being locked out of the bedroom because a guy got mad at her for something? I'm imagining the barrage of insults he would get.

Comments

JulianaBlackburn 19

Sometimes you just can't win :/

AnOriginalName 19
ghil15 8

women.... women.... women.... tsk....

Altie 13

Hey OP, just be happy that she cares about you.

Cares so much she wants to find another reason to fight. Great way of caring.

fooltemptress 36

She'll probably get mad at you again if you remind her too. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't :/

If she does things like this a lot (getting mad and irrational) then you might want to reconsider the relationship.

Well it's gonna be your fault no matter what with a woman like that. Go find a woman who isn't like that or submit to being brow beaten for the rest of your relationship.

I think she probably wanted you to come back at some point and ask to be let in and apologize for your role in the argument. From her perspective, giving up and accepting the fate of the couch all night probably seemed to her like you didn't care about trying to make up. Not saying that isn't a bit childish/selfish/unreasonable, but it still would explain why she was mad that you stayed on the sofa.

You win some... you lose some. But sometimes you don't win any and just lose no matter what you do. This is one of those situations.

Epikouros 31

When you do sleep together, is she as passionate in bed as when you're arguing?