Are you new here?

By rent-a-cop - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Canada - Toronto

Today, as a condominium security guard, I had to enter an old lady's apartment to supervise the mandatory maintenance taking place inside. I commented on the lakeside view from her window and mentioned, "This is a pretty nice view up here isn't it?" It turns out that she's blind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 210
You deserved it 7 390

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not really your fault you were just trying to make small talk.

I'm sure that she is confronted with that situation a lot, OP. I bet that she just brushed it off. Ever see when Ryan Seacrest tried to high five a blind guy?

Comments

At least she's not deaf, right? She can hear the lakeside and all it's majestic nature sounds?

I'm pretty sure you can't hear much from inside an apartment. Unless there's a huge tree outside?

You can hear plenty inside an apartment. I live next to the major road in the town. I keep my media center streaming music all the time since i would much rather hear music than trucks driving by.

20... What do trees have to do with it???

yeeeah but lakes don't usually make as much sound as a major road.

DyslexicPanda 12

I think you kinda missed the point #1...

Not really your fault you were just trying to make small talk.

MrClean17 15

I guess she didn't see the humor in the situation

Lasagnaa 24

At least she can't see who you are. I'd probably switch personalities and pretend to be someone else.

perdix 29

#11, you're not familiar with that old "I'll keep my eye out for you" joke? I would tell it, but that was the punch line.

How immature do you have to be to find sexual innuendos in this FML?

flockz 19

maybe "i had to enter an old lady."

That's, like, one sexual innuendo though, and a pretty poor one at that.

PhDInLife 8

Bet you were blinded by embarrassment...

NagainaFier 16

I too also find embarrassment creeping up on me and covering my eyes from behind! Glad to know I'm not alone.

I'm sure that she is confronted with that situation a lot, OP. I bet that she just brushed it off. Ever see when Ryan Seacrest tried to high five a blind guy?

I bet she didn't see that one coming.

death943 10

Eye am sure it was just a lot make out. There was only a sight chance that she was blind.

When life gets you down, grab a snickers! You didn't know..

klovemachine 24

this is more like a twix moment... need a moment, grab a twix :-D

ddjustme 9

Well that must've made the following hour the awkwardest hour of your life.

I can think of more awkward situations...

joshua1615 8

At least he wasn't trying to show girlfriends mother a picture his suit for prom on his phone and she scrolled to the right to find a picture of her daughter, naked.

JoeGrant 12

Don't worry so much, how were you supposed to know; just apologize, OP.

She probably didn't take it too offensively, it's probably happened before.