Checked out

By for fucks sake gramps - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Mililani

Today, I was at the store with my grandpa. When we were rung up, he started to pay for our myriad groceries in coins, and the guy behind us groaned. My grandpa said, "Shut your mouth," and started ranting about how stupid people are to leave paper trails for "government spooks." FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 741
You deserved it 2 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh Grandpa, are you still taking your medication?

PleaseStayChill 9

Yes, because $1 bills are completely in our imaginations.

Comments

Oh Grandpa, are you still taking your medication?

Medication? That's helping to leave a paper trail for the government!

I would agree with your grandpa but then I would be tracked as well.

HowAreYouToday 34

You should wear a tin foil hat. If it keeps out the Dark Ones, it'll keep out the government.

Oh come on. whats wrong will bills. they exist in denominations from $2 to $100.

PleaseStayChill 9

Yes, because $1 bills are completely in our imaginations.

I thought they discontinued the $2 bill?

where i live, $1 bills are rarely seen or used, and $2s are produced to meet the rather small demand

The ****?! Everyone needs dollar bills. Change would cumbersome without them. "here you go sir, your change is $1.75, so 7 quarters! Good day!"

Actually, in new York we use $1 coins. In the metro if your change is $3 they'll give you 3 $1 coins

if change for a $5 is needed, the preferred method is 2 $2s and 1 $1 coin easy as can be

Shadowvoid 33

What if i want, 5 quarters, 20 dimes, 10 dimes and 125 pennies?

I'd think the easiest way to make $5 is using a $5 bill.

46- Why didn't you just say 30 dimes?

Good thing I live in Canada... It's so much easier with just loonies and toonies...(If that's the correct spelling)

u002764 3

dafuq? don't u ppl hit strip clubs?

In Connecticut no one uses 2s or 1 dollar coins. Here if you have either of those you horde them.

You might want to seek advice for him from a psychologist...

SkateboardGirl88 11

Ha! Your picture is exactly what the other guys face probably looked like!

The Grandpa is old. There's no need for a psychologist, he's just the typical cranky old guy. xD

I love old people when they start their grumpy rants. They say the darnedest things.

asoptavlo14 6

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

My grandpa rants anout the sane thing, over and over and over again.

pcentral 17

Has someone been reading too much George Orwell?

Psych101 9

Careful, if he reads too much Orwell he'll start a revolution of older people! Next thing you know, we'll be thinking that they look like humans...

maxmex13 7

Big Brother is watching you...

Big Brother is, in fact, NOT watching you. Anyone saying otherwise will be expressing thought, and we don't want that around here.

featherygoose 9

He is right. Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose. By now, all of you credit card users names are in the system of every laptop, desktop, mainframe, and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the memory conspiracy. Otherwise known as, THE BEAST.

I think grandpa needs some medication.

Just like children, the elderly rarely have filters from their brains to their mouths.

Way to go, gramps! Show that guy who's boss!