Fierce kitty

By Anonymous - 25/03/2016 17:05 - United States - Miami

Today, I'm in training at an animal shelter. There's an adorable tiny kitten there, which my boss said not to touch because it's feral. "No way he's dangerous!" I said, reaching into the cage to pet it. It struck like a cobra and tore up my arm. My first on-the-job injury is from a KITTEN. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 240
You deserved it 31 744

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pretty obvious ydi here tbh Listen to the boss next time

abraybro 27

Comments

And now you learned the lesson of LISTENING to what your boss tells you what you should and should not do.

well, I think it's safe to say you totally deserved it.

Total YDI, when it comes to animals always heed the warning.

saffy66 34

I bet you ignore wet paint signs too.

I'd also be willing to bet that OP would also ignore a sign that read "WARNING: INSTANT DEATH AHEAD"

But what's the point of a button if it's never meant to be pressed?

22, fair point there. But perhaps it's like the proverbial Big Red Button that launches nukes -- you never, ever touch it except in the absolute direst of circumstances.

cheshireau 26

I hope you have had your shots, so you don't get ringworm and the like.

Having the tetanus vaccine won't stop OP from getting ringworm, as ringworm is a fungus and can only be treated with specific anti-fungal creams and occasionally antibiotics.

Yeah, ringworm doesn't have a shot. They will give you a tetanus shot for a cat bite because puncture wound, though. Which is still a little dumb. The only other vaccine that might protect you against a kitten is rabies.

I've always been told what you really have watch out for with cats is general infection. Their mouths have so much bacteria it can be like getting bit by a fluffy Komodo dragon.

It's not so much the amount of bacteria they have, but the nature of the wounds. With a dog bite, you'll typically get a lot more open tissue damage, but cat bites are more like puncture wounds, and bacteria gets trapped in even after the external bit heals over, so they usually require antibiotics.

If that kitten gets euthanized because you decided to be an arrogant asshole and ignore your on-site teacher-slash-manager, I hope that someone kicks you in the groin, then elbows you in your throat, and then knife punches you in the kidneys, all while you choke to death on the guilt.

The kitten probably wont since he was specifically told not to get close to it, at least when something similar happened at the local shelter here a few years back the dog wasn't euthanized.

Ah, feral kittens are difficult to handle, even for experienced carers. Listen to your instructor and have some self restraint. That being said, I hope that kitty does get handled by someone who knows what they're doing, so that it may be domesticated and homed.