Great expectations

By No Expectations No Disappointments - 18/09/2024 20:00 - Philippines - Makati City

Today, my dad and his buddies were hanging out. One of them said to my dad, "Hey! I've heard your son wants to be a doctor! He he he! You better start saving up!" My dad then triumphantly responded, "PAH!!! No problem there. He's an idiot! He probably won't make it to premed!" And yes, he was sober. FML
I agree, your life sucks 337
You deserved it 76

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Do you want to be a doctor? Then start finding scholarships and be prepared to stick it in his face.

When you get your PhD, uninvite him to your graduation.

Comments

Do you want to be a doctor? Then start finding scholarships and be prepared to stick it in his face.

Lffayen 4

Chances are he was just bullshitting with his friends, tell him you found it hurtful in private and judge him off of his reaction.

When you get your PhD, uninvite him to your graduation.

There are multiple ways to respond to something like this - You can give up and let others expectations and judgement be the limit of what you can do. Or you can say to yourself “To hell with you, I’ll show you what I can do.” I recommend the later… When I was in 3rd grade we had workbooks we had to fill out of repeating cursive writing. I was not a good cursive writer. My teacher told me “I know your parents want you to go to college, but you won’t make it there - There are a lot of reports and neatness counts.” … It was a terrible thing for a teacher to say! Well I thought she was a jerk and didn’t pay any mind to her prediction. I went to college and became an engineer. The last time I wrote in cursive was junior year In college. Engineers print…