Not a history major

By surrounded by dumbfucks - 13/12/2012 23:44 - United States - Carmel

Today, in history class, we were talking about Ancient Rome, and what childbirth would have been like back then. One girl asked in all seriousness why they didn't use ultrasound machines to see what sex their babies were. I have to deal with people like this on a daily basis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 005
You deserved it 2 159

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I sure hope she is pretty and can dance very well on a pole.

Comments

Almost everyone has to deal with people like this on a daily basis.

sweetmama88 6
bladedrose 3

42- No he right, look it up. They were called Aqueducts, and in fact various places around the world still use this method to this day.

Indeed, the ancient Romans, who were the best of all civilizations at their time (and then for the next 1200 years after their fall), had had a complex sewer system in just about all of their cities in their empire. All the public bath water was used with the excess water from the aqueducts to drain out the wastes from the public latrines. I for one find that incredibly awesome for such a time, imagine where we would be now if those Dark Ages hadn't occurred...Oh how I wonder.

Someone in my Year 11 English class asked "Is Shakespeare dead?"

BusinessTurtle 8

He's still alive. He's just relaxing on a beach with Elvis, JFK, Marilyn Monroe and Jimi Hendrix.

Don't you know? He's living under the White House with Tupac.

BusinessTurtle 8

50, Probably living under the rule of the Roman Empire, assuming Rome rebounded from the many problems facing their society and never fell to the Germanic people and if the technology of gunmaking had been brought to the Empire before the Turks attacked. Also, that's assuming that the world didn't experience the American Revolution or any of the other democratic revolutions. But still we'd be more technologically advanced.

wanderingshopper 13

Just wait, she'll be having kids soon and spreading the stupidity even further.

should have told her that the Russians had not contacted the aliens that built the pyramids yet and that's why they didn't have ultrasound machines yet