One day this will all be yours

By diapermommy - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my 5-year-old daughter saw a pad commercial. She asked me what they were, but I didn't think she was old enough to hear it. I just told her that they're like diapers for mommies. Now she won't stop telling people that mommy wears diapers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 157
You deserved it 47 177

Top comments

That is why you don't dumb things down for kids, it will always come back to bite you in the butt. You should have told her it was a grown up woman thing she will learn about later.

loveurlifeJK 5

That's why you cut the bullshit when it comes to kids. Just tell them the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Comments

my nephew when he was four found an unused condom and asked his mom what it was she said a balloon later he was at a party with her trying to blow it up I guess he found it agian after she topknot from him

Htownmichigan 0

I have stuck a pantyliner to my little sisters forehead!

doubleAbattery 0

I'm not sure what to think. I mean, my parents were always really open with me, I knew what my ****** was when I was 4, my mother never forced me to call it my "peepee" or anything stupid like that, but she didn't tell me about getting my period until I was about 9 or 10. Of course, I never asked. But the one question I did ask that she didn't think I needed to know about was when I asked her what a ******* was when I was about 7 (I overheard my brothers talking about it). She just told me to ask her again when I was older. And I said okay and moved on.

my parents did the same thing. they always answered my questions even if they were really embaressing!!

What people call "peepee" is not the ******, it's the vulva...

ydi.... my mom always told us what was what.

machete_fml 0

I hate seeing pads/ tampon commercials on tv. It makes me sick!

theshinepolice 0

im a girl, but agreed. i don't think they need to be so heavily advertised, it's accounts for like half of the commercials marketed to women, i swear. i don't think anyone is THAT obsessed about it or wants to be reminded so often.

doubleAbattery 0

Oh my god, I HATE the stupid Always comercial. "Have a happy period"? How can you be happy about blood coming out of your ******? I'm not saying we girls should hide and be miserable when we get them, but seriously, they're making it sound like we should be jumping for joy saying "Yes! I got my period! Now I get to put a thick, uncomfortable piece of cotton in my underwear for seven days! Lucky me!" Although personally, I can't stand pads. I wear tampons more often.

You should of said " I'll give you a cookie if you go away". That's what my mom did.

I love the way everybody is assuming it was the daughters mother that is posting, it could just as easily be the father. I don't see what the big deal would have been about explaining it to her, or as a lot of other people have said just say it was for grown ups.

probably because the OP is a woman....aka most likely not the father.