PAR-TAY

By Anonymous - 25/04/2009 23:50 - Brazil

Today, I had a going-away party because I am leaving the country forever. Out of the 130 people invited, 60 were a resounding, "Yes! Of course I will come!" After paying $300 for everything needed at the party, two ended up coming. And left because nobody else was there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 91 150
You deserved it 5 756

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BigGuy99 0

From experience, never throw yourself a going away party and expect folks to come. Just tell folks you are leaving and if someone wants to organize something they will and invite people over and set it up. I have heard of several friends inviting over a hundred people to these things, just to see only about 0-15 show up to send their good byes.

I feel really bad for you, safe travels.

Comments

aww :( sorry bout that... probably wrong address? :/

well now you get to leave all those shitty people behind :D

sounds like you invited them by facebook right? in which case im not suprised seeing for msot people even though they have hundreds of 'friends' on facebook probably only ever talk to a few of them.

It's a relatively cheap way to discover you have absolutely no GOOD friends. Enjoy your trip, travels, and new life - you won't have to worry about anyone back home.........

bella_brasil 0

US sucks after a while,I don't blame her for leaving lol. That's so mean though,wow.

i got almost the same thing when i left the country so just realize that those were absolutely not your friends and forget them were are u going ?

aw yeah I had a similar experience with a party, i had 60 yes and 13 show up... and spent around $150... it sucked and i was really embarrassed at the time, but at least i learned a good lesson about how to tell who my real friends actually were. don't worry about it, it's behind you, and your life is moving forward anyway if you're leaving for good!! have a wonderful trip :)