Pranking hell!

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Canada - Quebec

Today, I got married. I'm Jewish, and it's traditional to break a glass cup by stepping on it after giving the bride her ring. My brother thought it would be funny to replace the glass cup with a rubber one. I slipped and fell flat on my back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 014
You deserved it 4 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SerenaSerenadex3 13

Typical first comment; it's a very tragic disease.

Comments

Imhere4fml 24

Did anyone get it filmed ? :) also kudos to you sir!

I guess that there won't be a lot of sexy time for a few days. I hope you feel better OP.:(

NickaPLZ 26

Nah he'll be fine. All he's gotta do is make sure he's on top so he's not on his own painful, sore back!

perdix 29

If you don't break the glass on the first stomp, your marriage is doomed to fail. Otherwise, it's 50/50. Oy, gevalt!

So if the cup didn't break, would they still yell "OPAAA!!" anyway?

perdix 29

No, that's Greek. The crowd would say "Mazel Tov" as you kept stomping on the glass as if it were a wily cockroach.

Oh yea, forgot the movie was my big fat *GREEK* wedding. Well now I look like a complete idiot, so... OPAA!!!

perdix 29

Aw, don't worry, people reading this won't think you're an idiot. They'll think you're a schmuck, a nar, a schlimiel, a bulvan, a schmendrick, or a putz.

Definitely a moment you'll remember, but in years to come this will be a funny story that you'll enjoy telling people :-)

I hope it didnt hurt too much. But hey, people won't forget your wedding and it's a nice story to tell your future children :)

I've heard they now use light bulbs because they make a louder pop noise and are easier to break.(:

Maybe Jews shouldn't do weird shit like that

perdix 29
Steve95401 49

Oy, your brother is such a joker. I'll bet he put a whoopee cushion on the bride's seat at the head table.

KiddNYC1O 20

A hot honeymoon will straighten out that back.

There are many explanations of the origin of that tradition. My favourite is that your marriage should last as long as it takes to put the glass back together. If that's the case, I'd consult a divorce lawyer immediately.