Pranking hell!

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Canada - Quebec

Today, I got married. I'm Jewish, and it's traditional to break a glass cup by stepping on it after giving the bride her ring. My brother thought it would be funny to replace the glass cup with a rubber one. I slipped and fell flat on my back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 014
You deserved it 4 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SerenaSerenadex3 13

Typical first comment; it's a very tragic disease.

Comments

perdix 29

#78, it's supposed to represent the Destruction of the Temple, and even during our most joyous moments, we are supposed to remember the hardships of our people. As far as how you started your note, you may want to review the Ten Commandments. I'm not a great keeper of them myself, but nevertheless ;)

Congrats..! :) Btw I'm just wondering how u can't tell the difference between a rubber cup n a glass cup.. :/ hmmmm...

The_F3rris 11

That plastic cup showed you who's boss.

JadeWinter 16

I just feel like pulling a prank in the actual wedding ceremony is a dick move. He should have saved the pranking for the reception.

haileybyrd 4

At least it wasn't a whoopee cushion!

Well the glass is tradition cause way back when, very traditional Jewish people, it was accepted that the women was still a virgin. After they would say the "I do's" basically the bride and groom would go to a separate room and they would have sex for the "first time." The breaking off the glass was to show that they were finally a married couple after that happened. Now mostly skips the first part, but the glass is still in it.

Now I know what I'm doing to my brother >;D