Thanks, I guess?

By LocallyBrewed - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I met my biological parents for the first time, 29 years into my life. They turned out to be two of the most pathetic people I have ever met, and the meeting ended after they asked me to lend them money because I "literally owe them my life." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 887
You deserved it 2 710

Same thing different taste

Comments

Thank your lucky stars you weren't brought up by those pathetic losers. I'm so glad people adopt!

ouch, sorry you felt with that but life only gets better

msmedieval 11

I'm sorry OP, I can't imagine hiw that must've felt like. At least you're an adult now, you have your own life & have the freedom to choose who to include / exclude from it. You don't owe them anything, you only owe yourself a happy fulfilling life & peace of mind.

momac86 17

At least the one decent thing they ever did in life was give you to a real family

It's good that you stood up for yourself like that. You've definitely gotten better than what they could have given you. And use those similar looks as a way to show you're far better than your biological dad.

My dad and uncle are both adopted. My uncle got to meet his birth parents and it was almost as bad as yours was. He came back saying my Grandparents (the ones who raised him) were his parents not them. Because of that my dad doesn't even wanna look for his. At least you got closure. Something a lot of adopted children don't get. I wish you all the best OP and as the Irish say "May the road rise up to meet you, and the always be at your back."

if thats all they had to say then they are not your parents forget about them

Blood doesn't equal family; these are just people you share some genetic material with. Don't let them get you down. Your answer to them was spot on.

Too many parents raise children they do not love or cannot care for properly. Perhaps your birth parents recognized this in themselves so many years ago. Luckily the mystery of your origin has been solved. I hope you were raised by loving, caring parents.

wyle_e2003 2

Wow. They made one good decision, and that was to let you be raised by people capable of providing you with a good life. Thank them for that and get those toxic people out of your life.