Thanks, I guess?

By LocallyBrewed - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I met my biological parents for the first time, 29 years into my life. They turned out to be two of the most pathetic people I have ever met, and the meeting ended after they asked me to lend them money because I "literally owe them my life." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 887
You deserved it 2 710

Same thing different taste

Comments

I'm probably going to sound like an ass but I don't really see this as an FML, I see it as more of a "dodged a bullet" I'm sorry your sperm donor and incubator are a bag of dicks but I'm glad you had decent parents raising you :)

They owe you gifts and a lot of other stuff.

Well obviously you've been way better off without them!

It's hard. I will still say forget abt it. They are in the past. You are your own man/woman OP.

sailorarctic 22

i guess now you know why they decided to put you up for adoption? if they asked you for cash they obviously couldn't handle the financial responsibility of having a child.

OP, there are your biological parents, and then there are your real parents. Two completely different things. And the fact that your biological parent's behavior disappointed you so much proves that you as a person are nothing like either of them, despite any physical similarities or genetic happenstance. It was very brave of you to make the step, and regardless of the outcome, at least you won't be thinking in the years to come, 'What if?'.

Well at least you had the gumption to stand up for yourself and end the meeting with them after they asked for money. At least you can see what you missed out on now and know it was nothing important. :)

mif_fml 27

Just think that it happened for a reason, and now be more grateful that you have your REAL parents.

you probably ate all her food for the week in one sitting

MzZombicidal 36

^ And then there's this asshole!