Thanks, I hate it

By effmylife - 23/10/2009 10:09 - United States

Today, I took my SUV in to get the oil changed, and the tires rotated. They allowed me to stay there, because they said it would only take 30 minutes. So I sit there in the waiting room, and I look through the window only to see my SUV falling off the lift, from 6 feet in the air. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 778
You deserved it 3 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I see a lawsuit in their future. Sue them. They should have secured it.

I'm not gonna lie, this would be cool to see if it wasn't mine. On an unrelated note, I admire you for not caving in to pressure from the tree hugging left wing nuts and keeping your SUV. Go you! Drive what you want!

Comments

EveryDayJackAss 0

In America.....we just sue people :D

I agree, it's what Americans do best (my law profs always say this lol).

The mechanic shop should cover it. I hope you have a reason for owning an SUV though (like, you have four kids or something) or need a four-wheel-drive vehicle for your work. Coz I hate seeing people driving around the city, have obviously never taken the 4WD (as us Aussies call them) out of the city, and only have two kids. It's a waste of fuel, they take up too much space on the road and have a habit of drifting into the other lane on round-abouts.

I agree with you that many people own large vehicles to feel "safer" and the reason they need to feel "safer" is because they can't drive. However, because SUVs are available on the market for anyone to purchase at his or her own will, one does not need an excuse or to justify purchase of such vehicle. As for waste of fuel? If they can afford it, let them deal with it. SUVs will not be the reason earth runs out of resources.

That's just STUPID. They derserve to have 100's of dollars damage done to the vehicle just because it's an SUV? Lemme guess, you drive a Prius #114? Idiot.

This really stinks! I drive a Ford Explorer and I love it. It might be 15 years old and get 21mpg on average, but I'll still drive it until it can drive no more. I live in Nebraska, and we have very rainy summers (mud) and very wet winters (snow and ice). Around here, it is much more convenient to have a 4WD vehicle than a 2WD. Plus as a storm chaser, I can drive on some pretty nasty roads and not even have to worry about getting stuck. The cargo space that it has is awesome, as well. By the way, you can easily get them to either fix it or replace it, as this accident was their fault. :)

justtocomment 0

See... this wasn't that funny... until i realized you also are in Jersey. Haha. Gotta love Jersey.

barnmaster98 5

I like how everyone is getting pissed cause she drives a suv... if she woulda said a brand name this would be what the fight is about instead lol

ummmm...do you really think people who drive porches and stuff really need them...

lickme89 3

98 your A ******* **** face for thinking she deserves it for owning a SUV! they are simply luxury vehicles and for a big family like mine so **** your mom!

at 20. Changing your own oil voids the warranty dumbass. if you had ever owned something worth a tin shit you would know that.

Not always.We own a 2007 Subaru WRX and we change the oil on it all the time (we travel back home every holiday,it's 450 miles) and the warranty is still in effect.Depends on the make.Err...Company.My mom has a 2005 Acura TL and changing the oil yourself voids the warranty.It just depends.