By moosy0_o - 07/04/2013 19:22 - Netherlands - Berlicum

Today, after paying for my groceries, I noticed that a bread-roll hadn't been charged. I felt guilty and went back to the register to pay for it. The cashier burst into derisive laughter and mockingly asked me if I was "running for Pope or something". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 062
You deserved it 8 487

moosy0_o tells us more.

OP here. A few comments: the cashier was a guy, not a girl. I don't know why most of you think that. Also, there were two elderly people waiting in line who were laughing and berating me as some of the commenters here are doing. And I'm a woman from Belgium, not the Netherlands (but FML didn't ask for my country when I posted it). I WAS already out of the store and going home when I noticed it, so I needed to go back into the store, wait for a slow customer to pay while the rest of the cue was wondering why I was standing there like a complete idiot, and then explain to the cashier why I wanted to pay for the bread. By the way, the freshly baked, honestly-payed-for, Italian bun was delicious, after I had cleansed my palate from the disgusting comments I received.

Top comments

Whilst I admit that I wouldn't have gone back myself if it was just a bread roll from a chain store, I don't understand why you're getting shit for doing so. It's pretty depressing that people actually mock you for trying to be nice. Ignore them; you did a good thing.

VentiAnemoi 20

Don't be sad! At least you tried to do the right thing. Good for you!

Comments

Hey you did the right thing that's all that matters

What the hell is going on with all these asshole cashiers lately?

Should have walked out with your free bread, since cashier mocked you for it. But then that would have caused problems. You can't win!

Jacksparrow72 21

Good for you OP. You did the right thing.

simplysarcastics 26

Hey good deeds will get rewarded in time, she or he is just jealous that they are not an honest human like you.

It was a bun! Think of it as the universe doing u a favour. It's not like u robbed a bank. Jeeze, a bun!

Actually, what the product was is totally irrelevant. It's the principle.

At least there is some hope left in humanity when people like OP right wrongs that have been done. More than can be said about you #54

Well you're a better person than me then, not a chance I'd have gone back if it was just a roll. Go you!!

thats okay i accidentally stole a small pack of m&m's from walmart and went back to go pay for it I just felt really bad.

somebody77722 3

What a yucky personality they have. Screw them.

The last thing we need to do is reward them by screwing them.

Good for you. I have also accidentally stolen before and I didn't go back. It wasn't because I was like "Yeah! Got this for FREE!" but because I would be incredibly embarrassed and paranoid of getting arrested.