By moosy0_o - 07/04/2013 19:22 - Netherlands - Berlicum

Today, after paying for my groceries, I noticed that a bread-roll hadn't been charged. I felt guilty and went back to the register to pay for it. The cashier burst into derisive laughter and mockingly asked me if I was "running for Pope or something". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 062
You deserved it 8 487

moosy0_o tells us more.

OP here. A few comments: the cashier was a guy, not a girl. I don't know why most of you think that. Also, there were two elderly people waiting in line who were laughing and berating me as some of the commenters here are doing. And I'm a woman from Belgium, not the Netherlands (but FML didn't ask for my country when I posted it). I WAS already out of the store and going home when I noticed it, so I needed to go back into the store, wait for a slow customer to pay while the rest of the cue was wondering why I was standing there like a complete idiot, and then explain to the cashier why I wanted to pay for the bread. By the way, the freshly baked, honestly-payed-for, Italian bun was delicious, after I had cleansed my palate from the disgusting comments I received.

Top comments

Whilst I admit that I wouldn't have gone back myself if it was just a bread roll from a chain store, I don't understand why you're getting shit for doing so. It's pretty depressing that people actually mock you for trying to be nice. Ignore them; you did a good thing.

VentiAnemoi 20

Don't be sad! At least you tried to do the right thing. Good for you!

Comments

\ 28

"No, I'm just trying to be the ******* better person here."

You stole a piece of bread..... ON FREE BREAD DAY. I really hope people get this reference

lordslaya53, You mean free balloon day? Spongebob!

McNikk 15

WE STOLE A PIECE OF BREEEEEEAAD!...And they're going to lock us up forever!

Lol! Are we the only ones that got it?

If you can't do the time don't do the crime...ok time's up now get out!

watchitgo 4

which one of you flat foots stole my lollipop

tpm45 25

Why would you eat my piece of bread? Whyyyyyyy?!?!

at least you know you made the right decision

nope to the pope but I do want to be a decent person

I just think pope is a funny word. poh-PA po-pe! pope

perdix 29

Well, you are a month too late for that. Francis beat you to it, but you wouldn't have put up a good fight. He once truthfully admitted that the pants made a woman's butt look fat, and was condemned to a life of celibacy. Worked out OK for him!

OP, you did the right thing! I get the same reaction when I say "wait, you didn't charge me for ----".

What a douche. I wouldn't worry about it considering you were definitely the better person in this situation.

At least you were honest about it, so props to you. Some people would be like oh whatever, since people nowadays dont have morals. The cashier should realize that items that arent accounted for goes against the company percentage of sales and a bunch of other crap.

Yeah, a bunch of other crap like their pay.