By moosy0_o - 07/04/2013 19:22 - Netherlands - Berlicum

Today, after paying for my groceries, I noticed that a bread-roll hadn't been charged. I felt guilty and went back to the register to pay for it. The cashier burst into derisive laughter and mockingly asked me if I was "running for Pope or something". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 062
You deserved it 8 487

moosy0_o tells us more.

OP here. A few comments: the cashier was a guy, not a girl. I don't know why most of you think that. Also, there were two elderly people waiting in line who were laughing and berating me as some of the commenters here are doing. And I'm a woman from Belgium, not the Netherlands (but FML didn't ask for my country when I posted it). I WAS already out of the store and going home when I noticed it, so I needed to go back into the store, wait for a slow customer to pay while the rest of the cue was wondering why I was standing there like a complete idiot, and then explain to the cashier why I wanted to pay for the bread. By the way, the freshly baked, honestly-payed-for, Italian bun was delicious, after I had cleansed my palate from the disgusting comments I received.

Top comments

Whilst I admit that I wouldn't have gone back myself if it was just a bread roll from a chain store, I don't understand why you're getting shit for doing so. It's pretty depressing that people actually mock you for trying to be nice. Ignore them; you did a good thing.

VentiAnemoi 20

Don't be sad! At least you tried to do the right thing. Good for you!

Comments

23Z9TZO 18

Sometimes I feel like most fml commenters are running for pope or something

acerima 11

That just shows the morality of today. Where not only is it acceptable to steal, but those who don't are mocked. I'm sorry about that OP, but it's good to know there are more out there with a good heart.

You may have just passed the final test.

Giluh 19

Virtue is mocked by many who lack moral boundaries and self respect. It saddens me to see how people today praise ignorance, hate, immorality, and other animal-like behaviors that bring society to its knees. Its good to know that there are still some good, decent people out there in this world!

It's ok OP, the joke's on the cashier for mocking a good deed.

Ya know its crazy how times change. 2000 years ago you would have your hand cut off for stealing a loaf of bread. Now you get laughed at for trying to do the right thing. And people honestly wonder what's wrong with this world? Integrity, a word many people need to study and learn.

Sorry, OP, at least you have a conscience, unlike many others!

She should shut the **** up and move on with her day, while smiling and saying thank you, good sir.

puppster391 16

Tell them you've seen the consequences of stealing bread on Les Miserables and Aladdin.