By TicketMePink - 20/05/2016 05:57 - United States

Today, an officer ticketed me for texting while driving. Apparently, getting dumped costs $180. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 420
You deserved it 21 223

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just because it's a breakup text doesn't mean it's a freebie.

I mean, either way you shouldn't have been texting.

Comments

Sorry about your breakup, but you don't text and drive.

Sorry OP but you deserve it. Literally no text is worth risking your life and the lives of those around you.

No, #23, they don't. Texting and driving is incredibly stupid and very dangerous. If you believe texting to be more important than paying attention to the road when you're driving a car, then you shouldn't be driving. OP completely deserved that ticket.

pretty sure it's texting while driving that costs $180

I'm sorry you were dumped OP, but texting while driving? That's incredibly stupid and incredibly dangerous. You deserved that ticket.

Be glad you aren't Canadian, that breakup would've cost you $500. Don't text and drive

writergirl1029 17

There's a couple of states in the US where it costs over $700, last I checked. The rest of them should raise their fines, IMO. OP is lucky to get only $180.

Shay_Shay97 23

Now that's what I call a double whammy. Dang OP that's rough. But don't you see all the billboards and commercials? Don't text and drive.

They're probably too busy texting to notice...!

brendejafulable 41

your fault for driving while texting. you caused the breakup to cost that much.

I'm a 17 year old girl and I have had my license for over a year. I have never once thought to text and drive. It's such a stupid thing to do. There is no excuse for it.

YDI all the way. $180 is a lot less than what a human life is worth. Texting and driving is really ******* selfish and dangerous. And don't think you're too good of a driver to get into an accident, because no one is. Does a text really matter that much that you can't wait a bit to read it?